Job Description: Summary
Under general supervision, performs administrative duties for mid-level managers and finance department professionals. Responsible the day-to-day maintenance of a complete and accurate general ledger.Essential Job Functions
- Performs data entry, filing, and maintenance in order to support the department. Deviates from routine policies and procedures when required.
- Verifies cost accounting, accounts payable, and accounts receivable records in order to ensure accuracy.
- Uses office automated systems to input data to facilitate accounting tasks, generate basic and moderately complex financial reports, and respond to general inquiries.
- Balances complex ledgers to ensure accuracy.
- Collaborates with other departments and/or outside agencies to resolve problems.
- Reports problems and other issues and makes recommendations to management to improve procedures.
- Provides assistance and general guidance to less experienced personnel.
- High school diploma or G.E.D.
- Four or more years of administrative experience
- Experience working with generally accepted accounting principles
- Experience working with bookkeeping
- Experience working with financial software packages
- Good personal computer and business solutions software skills
- Organizational skills to balance and prioritize work
- Good communication skills to interface with company employees
- Ability to work in a team environment