Job Description: Summary
Provide customer assistance and problem resolution to a wide variety of customers across business areas supported by a multi-customer contact or help desk environment. Responds to non-routine customer calls, email and web inquires providing a single point of contact for report problems, make inquires and obtaining guidance about any or all services provided by the service center. Applies knowledge in one of the following functional areas: financial management, human resources management, procurement, and information technology.Essential Job Functions
- Analyzes inquiries through use of personal knowledge of the particular functional subject matter. Augments knowledge with reference materials as needed.
- Provides response and takes appropriate action to resolve. May interact directly with original requestor, advise others on how to respond or escalate to a higher level if needed.
- Contributes to a shared knowledge database to facilitate response consistency and to document complex issue resolution.
- Monitors customer inquiries for a specific functional area, tracks progress and resolution of escalated inquiries.
- Assists less experienced staff in developing appropriate responses.
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent combination of education and experience
- Bachelor's degree in business management or related field preferred
- Three or more years of functional area experience (i.e. finance, human resources, procurement, information technology, etc.)
- Experience working with organizational functional and personnel.
- Experience working with fax machines, computer software and telephone technology.
- Experience working with help desk software.
- Business and analytical problem solving skills.
- Good communications skills.
- Ability to work independently.
- Ability to follow oral and written directions.
- Ability to understand and apply regulations applying to functional area.