Job Description: Summary
Responds to basic, multiple customer inquiries and requests.Essential Job Functions
- Answers telephones and responds to basic customer questions and/or forwards call to appropriate personnel.
- Records call on account history record with results of the inquiry; initiates required confirmation without direct supervision. Researches customer inquiries and responds to appropriate parties in a timely manner.
- Processes customer requests by sending faxes, returning telephone messages, sending mail documents, or using other related communication.
- Processes calls in a manner that ensures service level agreements (SLAs) are met or exceeded. Records calls, processes requests and updates account history with results of inquiry to include proper documentation.
- Processes and distributes incoming and outgoing mail for multiple clients in accordance with established service level agreements.
- Performs data entry and matches documents to appropriate accounts to ensure up to date and accurate information.
- Interfaces with team members, management, and customers in reference to customer service issues.
- Reviews client reports on a weekly basis to ensure data integrity; prepares and submits report to management.
- Reviews and recommends modifications to procedures and workflow as necessary to ensure efficient and effective processing of transactions.
- High school diploma or G.E.D.
- Two or more years of customer service or other telephone experience
- Experience working with organizational functions and personnel
- Experience working with fax machines, computer software, and telephone technology
- Experience working with and skilled in the use of help desk software
- Business and analytical problem solving skills
- Communication skills
- Ability to work independently
- Ability to follow oral and written directions
- Office environment
- May require shift work