The Network Administrator will serve as a primary individual responsible for the monitoring and supporting the C-IV infrastructure and network environments. The individual will "own" any problems or conditions that exist in the C-IV enterprise that are indicated by monitoring systems or customer initiated requests.
The Network Administrator will take 1st level actions to determine the nature of the problem/issue, document it in the CA Service Desk System and then become the primary lead for the resolution process. The Network Administrator can call on any of the escalation resources to assist in rectifying an issue (Other System Administrators, Enterprise Computing Team Leads, Vendors, etc.)
Primary responsibilities will include;
- Diagnose, troubleshoot, and resolve a variety of basic data network problems
- Monitor network systems and alerts and take corrective actions when systems are not functioning as expected.
- Work with communication vendors to open and track trouble tickets
- Participate in the design and planning of new and existing network enhancements.
- Responsible for the configuration and deployment of Cisco routers and switches, wireless access points
- Create environmental documentation, procedures, and Visio diagrams
Basic job requirements include;
- Experience with Cisco router, switches, operating systems software, features and functionality
- Knowledge of MPLS, BGP, OSPF and other R&S technologies
- Use of F5 firewall and load balancing appliances is helpful
- Monitoring tools - PRTG, SiteScope, NNMi, OMi, UCMDB, Solarwinds
- Possess strong writing, analytical, and grammar skills.
- Flexible working schedule is required (rotated on-call schedule - 24x7, some weekend work, various shift work.