Job Description: Summary
Provides level 1 technical support to users for highly complex computer related technical problems on a primary account. Acts as customer service lead or account specialist. Provides back-up assistance on other accounts as needed.Essential Job Functions
- Answers help desk telephones for account(s) and responds to complex customer inquiries to ensure customer needs are met.
- Assists the customer in resolving highly complex technical problems on a primary account by providing guidance regarding software and hardware problems.
- Oversees follow ups with customers to ensure that customer inquiries are resolved within the contracted or agreed upon time frame.
- Logs and tracks inquiries using a problem management database and maintains history records and related problem documentation.
- Identifies, evaluates, and prioritizes customer problems and complaints to ensure that inquiries are successfully resolved. Recommends changes to policies and procedure to streamline operations.
- Analyzes and evaluates inquiry/problem reports and makes recommendations to reduce help desk call rates.
- Provides leadership and work guidance to less experienced personnel.
- Excel, SQL, and JIRA Experience Preferred
- EDI Experience Preferred
- High school diploma or G.E.D.
- Two or more years of technical training preferred
- Six or more years of technical or customer support experience
- Experience working with company products and operating systems
- Experience with solving computer-related problems
- Experience working with company escalation policy
- Strong interpersonal skills for interacting with team members and clients
- Strong communication skills
- Strong organization and time management skills
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills
- Strong leadership skills to guide and mentor the work of less experienced personnel
- Ability to work in a team environment