Job Description: Summary
Provides strategic guidance, consultation and support in the development and implementation of targeted human resources solutions to business units/defined areas. Identifies, develops, and manages strategic organizational effectiveness initiatives that enhance performance, productivity and employee satisfaction levels to ensure key business objectives are met through successful human resources (HR) strategy and practices.Essential Job Functions
- Works with unit/area management to identify key business objectives and translate into human resources initiatives and actions. Provides counsel to management in aligning business objectives with strategic human resources issues in long term plans.
- Oversees the identification and implementation of processes to improve HR/business effectiveness such as assisting groups and teams identify and resolve problem issues, coaching managers on employee performance issues, and providing consistent interpretation and application of personnel policies, statutory regulations and laws.
- Provides high level organizational and employee development expertise to management by assessing organization needs, diagnosis and implementation of interventions, development of strategic plans and change management to redesign organization. Provides leadership coaching to management and employees on organizational and change management issues.
- Manages organizational change. Develops and implements workforce plans at the unit/area level. Proactively plans for hiring key competencies and devises strategies to shape workforce. Influences and drives key hiring decisions. Develops and executes action plans to develop leaders and key talent in the organization.
- Serves as a member of the management/leadership team within line of business to provide HR input on business decisions.
- Identifies vendors and external consultant solutions. Analyzes and determines feasibility of use through cost/benefit analysis. Makes recommendations to management on appropriateness/necessity of services needed.
- Keeps abreast of current developments in the organizational development field. Researches, evaluates and adapts, as appropriate, new organizational development technologies, methodologies and concepts.
- Evaluates and recommends changes to policies, procedures and services based on trends and business needs.
- Provides leadership and work guidance to less experienced personnel.
- Master's degree or equivalent combination of education and experience
- Master's degree in business administration, organizational development, human resources or related field preferred
- Twelve or more years of human resources or organizational development experience
- Experience working with human resources principles, practices and procedures
- Experience working with human resources laws and regulations
- Experience working with key financial indicators of the unit and organization
- Experience working with organizational behavior, group dynamics, team interventions, strategic planning, organization and job design
- Strong consulting skills and the ability to work with all levels of management
- Strong assessment skills for both individual and organizations
- Strong interpersonal skills for working with all employee levels within the organization
- Strong negotiation skills for communicating and resolving conflict
- Strong comprehension skills for understanding needs and concerns and developing and applying solutions
- Strong organization and time management skills
- Strong communication skills
- Strong analytical skills
- Ability to prioritize and meet deadlines
- Ability to maintain high level of confidentiality regarding employee information
- Ability to work collaboratively across divisions, functions and levels
- Ability and desire to actively pursue learning opportunities employee/organizational development and training fields
- Ability to understand and apply federal, state and local changes to and/or new regulations/laws pertaining to human resources
- Willingness to travel