DXC Technology (NYSE: DXC) is the world's leading independent, end-to-end IT services company, helping clients harness the power of innovation to thrive on change. Created by the merger of CSC and the Enterprise Services business of Hewlett Packard Enterprise, DXC Technology serves nearly 6,000 private and public sector clients across 70 countries. The company's technology independence, global talent and extensive partner alliance combine to deliver powerful next-generation IT services and solutions. DXC Technology is recognized among the best corporate citizens globally. For more information, visit www.dxc.technology . Role Overview & Duties:
The Orlando Data Center Technician will work onsite at the data center and will be responsible for the day to day hands on support of the data center IT equipment, including all aspects of the planning, installation, cabling, configuration, and ongoing support. This position will be a part of a small team that supports all onsite activities performed within the data center at the request of the client and system administrators. This role requires flexibility to work 24x7 to support customer windows and project planning activities as well as on-call support for break-fix response.
- Perform basic hands-on activities on the IT equipment in the data center including, but limited to visual inspections, power cycle, cable testing, basic command execution, and hot-swappable component replacement.
- Support a structured ITIL based framework for Incident, Problem, and Change activities performed within the data center.
- Perform escorting for visitors an vendors
- Support the Data Center Site lead and Manager in representing DXC in client tours and audits.
- Perform Media Management activities according to standard procedures including media mounting, unmounting, packaging, rotations, and offsite vaulting activities.
- Plan, order, and install and deinstall physical cabling within the data center.
- Perform hardware installation rack/stack and device removals
- Configure device OOB connections, switches, and OS installation/wipe activities on a limited basis
- Perform shipping and receiving activities in accordance with standards
- Enter data related to Devices, shipping and receiving, and Media into DXC standard toolset for tracking purposes
- Ensure that all DXC policies and security practices are followed at all times
- Ensure that hardware installations adhere to data center density and design so that all equipment is installed with proper redundancy.
Education & Experience:
- 2-5 years' experience working in a Data Center environment
- Experience in a multi-tenant or Colocation facility is a plus
- Additional IT Field Certifications are a plus
Knowledge and Skills Required:
About DXC Technology
- Position requires the candidate to be a US Citizen or hold a valid Green Card and may require US Government Security Clearance
- Basic understanding of IT operations and/or Data Center Operations
- Experience performing Media Management, Data Center Cabling, or physical IT Hardware activities
- Experience working in a Structured ITIL and or ISO environment utilizing Problem, Change, and Incident disciplines
- Strong discipline in Data Center Standards and Data Center Security
- Ability to complete work to precise quality specifications
- High level of reliability & sense of responsibility
- Flexibility and willingness to cope with unexpected problems and situations.
- Understanding of HIPPA, PHI, PII requirements
- Competent and professional communication
- Excellent communication and written skills in English
- Capacity to manage customer expectations and interactions effectively
- Ability to work multiple projects simultaneously
- Proficiency in Microsoft Windows, Microsoft Office environment and general PC hardware
- Great team work capabilities
- 24x7 support capabilities with on-call duty
- Ability to lift 50 lbs
Thanks for taking the time to review our job, if you think it is a match to your experience and interests please apply today- we are eager to learn more about you! If you know a friend who may be a fit for the job please refer them.
Please note the above statements describe the general nature and level of work only. They are not a complete list of all required responsibilities, duties and skills. Other duties may be added, or this description amended at any time. Please Note
In order to satisfy our contractual obligations with clients, the successful candidate will be required to pass a basic, standard Criminal Records check. You will also be required to sign off on DXC's Confidentiality, Non-Solicitation and Conflict of Interest Agreement.
DXC is an equal opportunity employer. We welcome the many dimensions of diversity.
Accommodation of special needs for qualified candidates may be considered within the framework of the DXC Accommodation Policy.
EEO Tagline: DXC Technology is EEO F/M/Protected Veteran/ Individual with Disabilities