DXC Technology (NYSE: DXC) is the world's leading independent, end-to-end IT services company, helping clients harness the power of innovation to thrive on change. Created by the merger of CSC and the Enterprise Services business of Hewlett Packard Enterprise, DXC Technology serves nearly 6,000 private and public sector clients across 70 countries. The company's technology independence, global talent and extensive partner alliance combine to deliver powerful next-generation IT services and solutions. DXC Technology is recognized among the best corporate citizens globally. For more information, visit www.dxc.technology .
Role Overview & Duties:
The Orlando Data Center Site Lead will be responsible for leading a small team of resources that is tasked with ensuring that all aspects of the physical data center, and all associated onsite activities, are performed in accordance with the company standards. The Site Lead is will work with their direct team, the System Administrators, Vendors, Facilities M&E, and Security teams to ensure compliance of all standards and controls. This role requires flexibility to work 24x7 to support customer windows and project planning activities as well as on-call support for break-fix response.
- Manage the conduct of all Employees, Contractors, and Vendors in the data hall to preserve the integrity of the environment
- Oversee data center security and access requirements to the DXC Facility and Data Hall(s)
- Ensure Security manages the site according to documented DXC standards
- Initiate regular reviews of permanent & long-term temporary data center access in accordance with DXC Security processes
- Represent DXC in all audit and client tours
- Provide change approval oversight of all physical changes within each Data Hall
- Interface with the Mechanical and Electrical (M&E) provider to ensure proper controls and monitoring of the environmental condition of the data hall (temperature, humidity, fire suppression, power resilience)
- Provide management oversight of all DXC Contingents and visitors (Data Center and M&E) in delivery of services
- Review, communicate and monitor completion of the facility maintenance plan according to DXC and manufacturer specifications
- Perform and ensure completion of data center capacity reporting
- Perform DXC tools deployment, utilization, validation and oversight
- Ensure all data center standards and guidelines are followed
- Develop DC Facility Business Continuity Plans (BCP), Threat, Vulnerability, and Risk Assessments (TVRA) and execute annual exercises
- Oversight of all data center services provided
- Support Hardware Placement teams and respond to Request For Proposal (RFP) and sales questionnaires related to the Orlando Data Center
- Ensure that all physical changes performed on the IT equipment and facilities M&E equipment utilize an approved DXC change/incident ticket
- Ability to perform hands-on activities in the data center, including but not limited to: Rack & Stack, cabling, media management, shipping and receiving, and low level device configuration
Education & Experience:
- Bachelor Degree in IT associated field or at 5-7 years equivalent experience working in a Data Center environment
- Experience in a multi-tenant or Colocation facility is a plus
- Prior Team Lead experience
Knowledge and Skills Required:
About DXC Technology
- Knowledge of basic electrical requirements and conversions (i.e. Power Management)
- Knowledge of basic cooling equipment and technical specifications (i.e. Airflow Management)
- Good customer communication skills and ability to represent Data Center during client facing meetings and tours.
- Ability to support Data Center Audits and Certifications
- Experience working in a Structured ITIL and or ISO environment utilizing Problem, Change, and Incident disciplines
- Experience with Capacity management tools and equipment
- Excellent communication and written skills in English
- Ability to work multiple projects simultaneously
- Proficient in MS-Office Suite
- Position requires US Citizenship and may require US Government Security Clearance
- Great team work capabilities
- 24/7 support capabilities with on-Call duty.
- Ability to lift 50 lbs
Thanks for taking the time to review our job, if you think it is a match to your experience and interests please apply today- we are eager to learn more about you! If you know a friend who may be a fit for the job please refer them.
Please note the above statements describe the general nature and level of work only. They are not a complete list of all required responsibilities, duties and skills. Other duties may be added, or this description amended at any time. Please Note
In order to satisfy our contractual obligations with clients, the successful candidate will be required to pass a basic, standard Criminal Records check. You will also be required to sign off on DXC's Confidentiality, Non-Solicitation and Conflict of Interest Agreement.
DXC is an equal opportunity employer. We welcome the many dimensions of diversity.
Accommodation of special needs for qualified candidates may be considered within the framework of the DXC Accommodation Policy.
EEO Tagline: DXC Technology is EEO F/M/Protected Veteran/ Individual with Disabilities