DXC Technology (NYSE: DXC) is the world's leading independent, end-to-end IT services company, helping clients harness the power of innovation to thrive on change. Created by the merger of CSC and the Enterprise Services business of Hewlett Packard Enterprise, DXC Technology serves nearly 6,000 private and public sector clients across 70 countries. The company's technology independence, global talent and extensive partner alliance combine to deliver powerful next-generation IT services and solutions. DXC Technology is recognized among the best corporate citizens globally. For more information, visit www.dxc.technology .
- Operational management of Linux servers, delivering a complex web application stack
- Building and configuring new server platforms and the automated tooling to do so
- Testing, debugging and troubleshooting of platform level problems
- Build and Configure Cloud environments;
- Supporting development teams with configuring applications for deployment
- Software packaging, development of RPMs;
- Installation; configuration and integration of Apps across the environments;
- Ability to analyse and fault find often complex technical issues including network and db connectivity;
- Liaising with third party Development Architects to resolve "discrepancies in build issues";
- Investigating issues with infrastructure for all services;
- Assisting and contributing to plans and running orders to document all activities;
- Identifying and rectifying build / deployment problems;
- Collaborating with other parties stakeholders to complete builds efficiently
- Ensuring all build documentation is up to date under change control and is baselined with Configuration Management.
- Out of hours working will be required
- Strong technical background - predominantly in Unix and Red Hat Linux. Proven working knowledge and experience in Unix (IBM AIX), Red Hat Linux and Scripting.
- Cloud Technologies and platforms including AWS, Azure & Hybrid cloud
- Experience in the installation and configuration of a number of the software packages including IBM Websphere Application Server; Weblogic; Websphere MQ; WODM; BPM; JBoss; Informatica; Siebel; SFTP Plus; Axway; Oracle OPA.
- Excellent technical analytical skills and experience with software packaging and application integration.
- Proven experience in technical automation and tools, including HPE CSA, SA, OO as well as Chef, Puppet, Git. Knowledge and experience of RPMS would be highly advantageous.
- Knowledge and experience of the Atlasian Software Suite, including JIRA, Confluence, bit bucket etc.
- Ability to work in a disciplined environment and to meet challenging deadlines, under pressure.
- Understanding / previous experience working with Agile Methodologies.
- Effective interpersonal skills. Ability to work unsupervised and with a self start mentality.
- Must be prepared to work extended support hours and this will include weekend working
- **Note this is not a Systems Admin Role
- Installing and configuring Sun One Directory (LDAP), SQL, MQ WorkFlow, IBM Business Process Monitor, Business Objects, Perl, SSL Configuration and Certificate Handling, Understanding of Networks, JAVA. Knowledge and experience of Openshift, Docker, Kubernetes, Ansible and other dev ops tooling
- Specific knowledge and experience of installing and configuring the aforementioned applications.
- Understanding and knowledge of network security and layer 7 security devices. Experience and knowledge of Forum Sentry, Datapower L7 devices, HIPS intrusion detection systems would be highly desirable.
- Windows / Active Directory experience would also prove advantageous.