DXC Technology (NYSE: DXC) is the world's leading independent, end-to-end IT services company, helping clients harness the power of innovation to thrive on change. Created by the merger of CSC and the Enterprise Services business of Hewlett Packard Enterprise, DXC Technology serves nearly 6,000 private and public sector clients across 70 countries. The company's technology independence, global talent and extensive partner alliance combine to deliver powerful next-generation IT services and solutions. DXC Technology is recognized among the best corporate citizens globally. For more information, visit www.dxc.technology .
API FRAMEWORK SME - EXPERT Summary
Essential Job Functions
- Designs and develops technical solutions for integrations into the Platform DXC ecosystem. This is an engineering role with technical skills in the context of software component integrations through the use of modern API gateways and related integration framework. Performs and provides automation for testing and integration of such systems, subsystems and components.
- Focus on API development and API management, creating scalable, resilient and secure API management for cloud based and on premise services
- Responsible for creation of utilities to automate API management and to facilitate deployment of backend API deployment
- Provides escalated, highly complex technical support to customers by investigating and resolving systems-related matters of significance; provides support telephonically and/or electronically.
- Plans, conducts and oversees the technical aspects of projects; coordinates the efforts of technical support staff in the performance of assigned projects.
- Applies advanced methods, theories and research techniques in the investigation and solution of the complex system requirements and problems. Develops training tools and documentation; oversees implementation of same.
- Provides leadership and work guidance to less experienced personnel.
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent combination of education and experience
- Bachelor's degree in systems engineering, computer science, management information systems, or related field preferred
- Enterprise Integration Patterns experience is required
- Must have REST/JSON REST/XML experience
- Git/GitHub experience is required
- Node.js experience is required
- Jenkins experience is an asset
- Six or more years of experience in systems engineering, software engineering, operating systems programming
- Experience working with computer hardware, operating system software and desktop applications with a specific concentration in one or more areas
- Experience working with one or more structured programming languages
- Experience working with Integration design principles and applications
About DXC Technology
- Experience with Public Cloud (AWS, Azure)
- Knowledge of vendor API gateways (AWS, Azure, CA, IBM, Kong)
- Experience with API Gateway deployment, configuration, debugging and troubleshooting
- Requires Service Oriented Architecture and Microservices development experience
- Knowledge and experience with RESTful API design (Swagger), REST, JSON, XML, and transformation techniques
- Working knowledge of enterprise integration patterns, orchestration and automation
- Understanding of OpenAPI standards and proven methodologies including Agile and DevOps
- Basic understanding of automation tools such as Jenkins
- Experience with NoSQL database or SQL database
- Experience with programming languages (Python, Node.js)
- Knowledge of automated testing (Selenium, Mocha, Chai)
- Strong communication skills to communicate systems proposals to management and customers and provide systems diagnoses and resolution for current systems
- Strong organization skills to prioritize work, balance and lead complex projects
- Good interpersonal skills to interact with customers, senior level personnel, subordinates, and team members
- Good leadership skills to guide and mentor the work of less experienced personnel
- Ability to integrate complex hardware and software systems
- Ability to work independently and as part of a global team
Thanks for taking the time to review our job, if you think it is a match to your experience and interests please apply today- we are eager to learn more about you! If you know a friend who may be a fit for the job please refer them.
Please note the above statements describe the general nature and level of work only. They are not a complete list of all required responsibilities, duties and skills. Other duties may be added, or this description amended at any time. Please Note
In order to satisfy our contractual obligations with clients, the successful candidate will be required to pass a basic, standard Criminal Records check. You will also be required to sign off on DXC's Confidentiality, Non-Solicitation and Conflict of Interest Agreement.
DXC is an equal opportunity employer. We welcome the many dimensions of diversity.
Accommodation of special needs for qualified candidates may be considered within the framework of the DXC Accommodation Policy.
EEO Tagline: DXC Technology is EEO F/M/Protected Veteran/ Individual with Disabilities