DXC Technology (NYSE: DXC) is the world's leading independent, end-to-end IT services company, helping clients harness the power of innovation to thrive on change. Created by the merger of CSC and the Enterprise Services business of Hewlett Packard Enterprise, DXC Technology serves nearly 6,000 private and public sector clients across 70 countries. The company's technology independence, global talent and extensive partner alliance combine to deliver powerful next-generation IT services and solutions. DXC Technology is recognized among the best corporate citizens globally. For more information, visit www.dxc.technology .
DXC has announced the establishment of a Digital Transformation Center in New Orleans, Louisiana. This operation will serve our global clients, partner with leading educational institutions, and create approximately 2,000 jobs in the greater New Orleans metropolitan area over the next five years. See our press release and video Position Overview
Seeking a Senior Hadoop Developer to perform in a highly complex development and support environment. Responsible for, analyzing, designing, developing, enhancing and supporting analytics projects and solutions. Apply advanced design and performance tuning skills and to gather user requirements and transform requirements into leading edge solutions. Supports all phases of the design life cycle including analysis, design, development, testing and ongoing support. Contributes considerable business and technical knowledge. Primary Responsibilities:
Education and Experience Required:
- Understands a broad spectrum of technology in order to provide part or all of a detailed technical design which meets customer requirements.
- Provide high quality technology solutions that address business needs by developing applications within emerging and mature technology environments.
- Provides technical support and input on the application of technology to a defined business segment. Provides advice on solution and integration opportunities to defined segments.
- Provides technical leadership on specific integration activities that are part of an engagement. Liaises with Solutions Architect.
- Participate in project planning sessions with project managers, business analysts and team members to analyze/prioritize business requirements and outline the proposed IT solution.
- Participate in design reviews and provide input to the design recommendations; incorporate security requirements into design; and provide input to information/data flow.
- Read and understand business requirements, write functional requirements, develop detailed technical designs, and build / unit / system test application code.
- Participate in code reviews and ensure that all solutions are aligned to architectural specifications. Identify/troubleshoot application code-related issues and provide feedback to the final user documentation.
- Responsible for implementing part or all of the agreed technical solution to the client
- Support post implementation activities by debugging, fixing, and participating in maintenance releases as prescribed by management
- Provides planning and design support for the development of solution architectures that will be implemented in a multiple system environment.
- Contributes to knowledge repositories and communities. Documents and shares lessons learned, and ensures project learning's are documented and shared.
Bachelor of Arts/Science or equivalent degree in computer science or related area of study. Knowledge and Skills
- Knowledge of scripting languages like Python or Perl.
- Basic knowledge of data visualizations tools such as Tableau or Qlikview
- Knowledge of ETL tools such as Informatica
- Knowledge of Data modeling processes and tools
- Experience with Hadoop Ecosystem including Spark, Storm, HDFS, Hive, HBase and other NoSQL databases
- Experience in Java, JEE, Spring, Hibernate, Unix/Linux including shell scripts, Oracle PL/SQL, XML/XSLT
- Understanding Partitions, Hive Query optimization, Bucketing etc.
- Experience in Sqoop for moving data between RDBMS and HDFS
- Strong understanding of programming paradigms such as distributed architectures and multi-threaded program design
- Strong knowledge of algorithms, collection framework and java concurrency to build high performance engine to handle large amount of data
- Experience with development, deployment, and support of large-scale distributed and data warehouse applications
- Fluent in written and spoken English
- Coaches less experienced team members.
- Provides technical leadership to one or more application projects.
- Works collaboratively with the other teams including Program/ Project manager and architects to ensure project success. Engage and collaborate with the infrastructure teams to ensure delivery of data related infrastructure components. Ensure integration of DE deliverables with other project deliverables
- Strong working knowledge of at least one DBMS technology (Oracle, SQL Server, MySQL)
- Experienced with Agile development methodology
- Excellent communication skills, organizational skills, and work ethic
- Exceptional technical skills and problem solving skills.
- Knowledgeable of cloud based solutions
- Excellent analytical and problem-solving skills
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team.
- 7+ years' full development lifecycle experience.
- Strong desire to learn new technologies and applications along with the ability to adapt to very challenging environments.
- Preferred - Industry recognized technical certifications.