Essential Job Functions
Serves as a subject matter expert and the liaison between technical personnel and non-technical personnel. Communicates with clients and/or other appropriate personnel to define client business needs; leads the translation activities of technology requirements into business language, and facilitates client adoption of value added business solutions. Anticipates client needs and creates solutions to address the needs.
- Serves as technology expert on delivering technological requirements such as server, desktop, local service, Local Area Networks, Wide Area Networks, data centers, mainframes, large server configuration, and backup services to meet business needs.
- Provides technical expertise and guidance; oversees design reviews; validates technology approach and associated work products on large projects to ensure adherence to company guidelines. Conducts cost analysis studies to determine feasibility of various approaches.
- Captures technical requirements and defines technology solutions; creates the conceptual, logical and physical design of the solution to ensure appropriate technology is acquired and implemented.
- Oversees relationships with team members, on-site consultants, partners, companies, third parties, and clients to define, develop and deploy technology solutions.
- Assists client in defining strategic technology direction for solution. Evaluates and selects business application packages and vendors.
- Evaluates technologies and determines strengths and weaknesses of technology architecture, implementation and suitability; implements solutions to ensure consistency with the company vision.
- Oversees project life cycle from requirements through design, implementation, and support to ensure implementation of appropriate technology in every stage.
- Researches technological advancements to ensure that information systems are continuously improved and aligned with industry and company standards; designs and provides updates to standards to enhance company solutions.
- Collaborates with and provide leadership, work direction and guidance to other systems analysts/programmers and may act as a Project Leader.
- Increases the productivity and effectiveness of the organization by defining standards, best practices and promoting reuse as it relates to technology.
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent combination of education and experience
- Bachelor's degree in computer science, business administration, or related field preferred
- Fifteen or more years of technical consulting or computer science experience
- Experience working with technology industry and architecture
- Experience working with technical products, vendors, and families of technology
- Experience working with mainframes, scheduling software, and other related technologies
- Experience working with project management methodology such as Catalyst including budget development, project planning, control and assurance methodologies, project management software and finance and accounting knowledge
- Strong personal computer and business solutions software skills
- Strong communication skills to communicate with clients, support personnel, and management
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills
- Strong interpersonal skills to communicate with clients and management
- Leadership skills
- Ability to work in a team environment
- Willingness to travel