DXC Technology is a leading global technology services provider delivering out sourcing services and business solutions to clients around the world. DXC Technology delivers one of the industry's broadest portfolios of information technology, applications and business process outsourcing services available on the market today.
We are seeking a Proxy Engineer who is able to:
- Analyze, escalate, and assist in remediation of critical information security incidents.
- Improve and challenge existing processes and procedures in a very agile and fast moving information security environment.
- Mentor security analysts regarding risk management, information security controls, incident analysis, incident response, SIEM monitoring, and other operational tasks in support of technologies managed by the Security Operations Center
- Act as Subject Matter Experts for analysis functions, providing support on more involved cases and guiding the activity of other analysts through collaboration
- Identify and document containment and remediation efforts which successfully reduce risk
Additional knowledge of 1 or 2 of the following: Bluecoat Proxy; Check Point Firewall, Protegrity, Palo Alto Firewall, Rapid 7, RSA Secure ID, Microsoft Windows (Server/Workstation), SSL/Certificates, Software Maintenance, Log analysis, Networking fundamentals, Client/Server application support,
Location: The Primary work location for this position is PLANO, TX. However, candidates will be considered who reside within the United States of America and who are able to work out of an existing DXC Technology office site.
THIS IS NOT A REMOTE OR WORK_FROM HOME ROLE.
This position requires 24x7 on call support.
- Applies advanced subject matter knowledge to solve complex business issues and is regarded as a subject matter expert.
- Frequently contributes to the development of new ideas and methods.
- Works on complex problems where analysis of situations or data requires an in-depth evaluation of multiple factors.
- Leads and/or provides expertise to functional project teams and may participate in cross-functional initiatives.
- Acts as an expert providing direction and guidance to process improvements and establishing policies.
- Frequently represents the organization to external customers/clients.
- Exercises significant independent judgment within broadly defined policies and practices to determine best method for accomplishing work and achieving objectives.
- Applies in-depth or broad technical knowledge to provide maintenance solutions across one or more technology areas (e.g. Firewall, Proxy Server).
- Performs solution design. Applies the company and 3rd party technologies and leads design of highly complex infrastructure and software solutions.
- Independently implements end- user or enterprise infrastructure or services of significant complexity.
- Integrates technical expertise and business understanding to create superior solutions for the company and customers.
- Mentors and consults with team members and other organizations, customer and vendors on complex issues.
Education and Experience
- Technical Bachelor’s degree in Computer Security, Computer Science, Computer Networking, Engineering or equivalent work experience.
- Holds (or is working on obtaining within the next twelve months) certification in security and technical areas such as:
- CISSP or CISA or CISM
- SANS training
- GISP (GIAC Information Security Professional)
- CCFP (Certified Cyber Forensics Professional)
- CCNP (Cisco Certified Network Professional)
- Security Tool Certification (vendor provided training, e.g. Check Point Firewall).
- A minimum of 3 years of relevant experience