Applications Services Global Delivery Poland, a large, growing delivery center located in Warsaw and Łódź, offers high quality Applications Development and Applications Management Services to DXC customers all over the world. The Center’s portfolio covers full software lifecycle, including: Applications Development, Applications Management, Quality Assurance, Project Management, Testing, Business and Systems Analysis. The main technology focus is on Big Data, Data Warehousing/Business Intelligence, Web and mobile solutions, ERP and CRM systems. Most of the Center's employees hold multiple certifications in Hadoop, Microsoft, Oracle, SAP, ITIL, PMP, and Six Sigma.
We are currently looking for:
Database Administrator (Oracle, SQL Server)
Job location: Warsaw or Łodź
Successful candidate will be part of a growing DBA Delivery Team located in Poland, focusing on various DB, providing projects and services to international customers, clients and teams from UK, US, Germany, Philippines, India and other parts of the world. He/she will participate in end-to-end project implementations delivered in dynamic and young environment that encourages innovative solutions. We offer an opportunity to develop both in the technology and business areas.
- Architecture and Consulting for end-to-end database administration.
- Provide support to projects developing new applications or changes to existing applications.
- Large scale deployments, automation and configuration management.
- Performance analysis and tuning.
- Setup database accounts for applications and migrate applications or changes between environments.
- Proactive monitoring, deep investigations and trouble-shooting.
- Customer ordered audits and Security.
- Design physical layout of schemas objects and perform segment level maintenance operations.
- Provide DBA consultancy for ongoing projects.
- Required – Oracle Database Administration skills (Oracle 12c, Oracle 11g)
- Required – SQL Server Database Administration skills (SQL Server 2012, 2014, 2016)
- Required – Strong verbal and written English
- Required – Ability to clearly and concisely communicate with client on technical, non-technical, and project levels and participate in client-facing meetings.
- Required – Ability to follow client Change Management processes
- Required – BSc/ MSc degree in Computer Science, Information Systems or equivalent.
- Desired – Ability to evaluate client proposed database architectures, ensure they conform to client and HPE standards, and make suggestions for improvements
- Desired – Scripting skills (Linux, Windows, Oracle, SQL Server) to create and maintain database related scripts
- Desired – Generate and review database performance tuning reports and metrics, identify root cause of performance issues, propose and implement solutions to resolve
- Certifications confirming gained skills (e.g. Oracle Database Certified Professional)
- Competitive compensation package, adjusted to candidate’s experience and qualifications.
- Full-time employment contract.
- Package of social benefits, including medical care, Multisport, German language classes, relax corner (XBOX games and other), sport communities, technical and soft skill trainings, life insurance and many others.
- Opportunity to be a part of fast-growing, innovative and high-performing organization within truly global and multicultural organization.
- Interesting and challenging projects, clear career progression path and professional trainings enabling personal development and growth.
- Friendly atmosphere, independence and flexible working hours (e.g. possibility of working from home).