DXC Technology (NYSE: DXC) is the world’s leading independent, end-to-end IT services company, helping clients harness the power of innovation to thrive on change. Created by the merger of CSC and the Enterprise Services business of Hewlett Packard Enterprise, DXC Technology serves nearly 6,000 private and public sector clients across 70 countries. The company’s technology independence, global talent and extensive partner alliance combine to deliver powerful next-generation IT services and solutions. DXC Technology is recognized among the best corporate citizens globally. For more information, visit www.dxc.technology .
Essential Job Functions
- Analyzes, logs, tracks and resolves software/hardware matters of significance pertaining to networking connectivity issues, printer, servers, and applications to meet business needs.
- Performs troubleshooting to isolate and diagnose common system problems; documents system events to ensure continuous functioning. Recommends course of action and implements as approved.
- Upgrades system software and hardware components as required to meet business needs; coordinates backups. Ensures upgrades are occurring in accordance with established parameters.
- Coordinates the installation of client department specific applications and systems. Determines appropriate method for installing applications and systems; resolves matters of significance and implements corrective course of action as needed.
- Installs, tests, upgrades and configures system files and services to enhance performance.
- Utilizes standard corporate tools to record change and problem activities for tracking purposes.
Bachelor's degree or equivalent combination of education and experience
- Bachelor's degree in computer science, or related field preferred
- Two or more years of experience with computer systems or networking
- Experience working with computer hardware for installation and upgrades
- Experience working with software installation/upgrading procedures
- Experience working with file and system maintenance procedures
- Windows OS Load
- Basic Qualifications, Server Security Scanning, Microsoft Clustering Experience, Ability to read and understand event logs Windows Server 2008/2012, VMWARE, TCP/IP, Basic IIS Knowledge.
- Understanding of Ticketing Systems, Workflow and Change control process
- Experience with remote tools, iLO, Remote Desktop, DRAC
- . Good organization skills to balance and prioritize work
- Analytical and problem-solving skills to troubleshoot systems problems
- Communication skills for to communicate with support personnel, customers, and managers
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team