- Work with business units to crystallize business needs into product features, acting as a bridge between business and technical domains
- Provide technical guidance and assistance to other software engineers.
- Provide technical and domain thought-leadership, and mentoring to junior members of the team.
- Develop product/platform
- Review and approve software design and implemented code.
- Provide effective cutting edge design/solutions for implementing product features.
- Develop new capabilities to ensure continued competence and relevance of the center in supporting software development needs of PayPal's business.
- Experience in building high traffic backend services for external customer facing web applications
- Understands inside out of fundamentals of Java, specifically JDK7, JUnit, Maven, Jenkins & Sonar
- Has built web applications and services using open-source Java Frameworks: Spring MVC & JAX-RS 2.0 implementations (e.g. RestEasy, Jersey or Apache CXF)
- Has designed web applications and clearly understands concepts like Web Services, SOA, REST APIs
- Has knowledge of different application servers like JBOSS
- Comfortable with Agile development and Scrum process
- Identify Performance bottlenecks and use good coding patterns to avoid them in the first place
- Take ownership of your work and can work independently
- Source Control (GIT experience is an advantage)
- Unit testing frameworks such as JUnit, Google Test
- Highly analytical, innovative, and able to think strategically and to develop comprehensive detailed specifications
- Ability to determine impact of architectural solutions and recommendations. Must have experience in justification of technology solutions to business leaders
- Excellent verbal and writing skills; ability to produce clear, concise communications and documentation.
- Highly effective at working in cross-functional and cross geographical organizations
- Experience in maintenance and enhancement of deployed products
- Ability to work in a fast paced environment with diverse cultures
- Ability to deal with uncertainty and adapt to changes
- Has experience in refactoring existing codebase and in understanding existing implementations to decide to refactor or rewrite
- Working knowledge of finance industry standards and practices preferred
Any resume that meets these minimum requirements will be reviewed
- Education experience – Engineering Degree (Preferably Computer Science)
Minimum number of years of experience – 8+