Provides technical consulting services to clients; contributes to the design and delivery of technical solutions including customizing package-based solutions, data design and conversion, technically-focused testing, and configuring technical infrastructure components; serves as a technical resource on a team or a team leader for other technologists. Develops and demonstrates specialized knowledge and skills in at least one technical consulting discipline: data/database design, network design/security, technical product, or technical integration architecture.
Essential Job Functions
- Participates in gathering technical requirements through a variety of techniques (e.g., facilitated workshops, work sessions and interviews); performs technical analysis and design to the sub-system level (Technical).
- Develops program specifications for all levels of complexity; codes programs from high level specifications or Derived Logical Processes (DLPs) on two or more technical platforms; optimizes program performance and maintainability. Raises business application prototypes to production levels (Technical).
- Defines technical requirements to support a data conversion effort and executes automated and manual data cleansiing procedures (Technical).
- Develops standards, templates, and procedures to aid in the development of the required work products (Methodology).
- Leads a team of 4-6 company resources, in area of expertise, to conclusion of a project phase (Management).
- Conducts performance and integration testing, helps analyze test results, and assists in identifying modifications or necessary improvements (Business).
- Establishes and maintains networking relationships with middle management in client organizations (Relationship Management).
- Understands client needs and matches them to relevant services or products; manages client expectations (Leverage).
- Understands and communicates goals and critical success factors for the project; sells ideas persuasively and paces the communications properly (Communication).
- Providing technical as well as Customer support
- General Installation and post-installation experience
- Client creation and maintenance
- Performance optimization
- Transport management system
- Monitoring system performance
- System copy and post steps knowledge
- Performance assessment and troubleshooting
- GUI packaging/NWBC/Fiori
- Independent learner
- Motivated Self Starter
- Able and willing to provide overall system support.
- HANA experience a plus
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent combination of education and experience
- Bachelor's degree in business, computer science or related field preferred
- Five or more years of experience in technical analysis and design, preferably within a consulting environment
- One to two years of relevant experience in a particular technical specialty area included
- Experience working with techniques, tools, and approaches for application development and system integration
- Experience working with techniques and approaches for selecting technical products and vendors
- Deep knowledge of HANA administration tools
- HANA reporting current as well as historical
- Mini checks
- HANA 2.0 experience
- Install and configuration experience
- Experience with both appliance and TDI a plus
- SAP certified
- OS/DB certified
- Strong analysis and design skills
- Good communication skills
- Ability to manage competing priorities in a complex environment
- Ability to devise creative technical solutions
- Ability to convey a strong presence, professional image, and deal confidently with complex technical problems
- Willingness to travel
- Office environment
- May require evening or weekend work