The Provider/Member Call Center Representative will provide expertise on insurance and healthcare over the phone. Responds to provider and member inquiries in a timely manner. Assist with insurance policy by obtaining client information, answering benefits inquiries and maintaining database.
Primary responsibilities of the Provider/Member Call Center Representative include servicing customer’s by determining requirements, answering inquiries, resolving problems, fulfilling callers request; maintaining database. This includes accurate and timely documentation and follow up as needed.
- Participates productively as a member of a team.
- Accepts instruction and direction from leadership. Ability to manage tasks and assignments without detailed direction.
- Identifies, prioritizes and resolves some issues independently, and escalates more complex questions or issues appropriately.
- Informs clients by explaining procedures; answering questions; providing information.
- Complies with contract requirements, business unit rules and related and legal regulations.
Skills and Qualifications:
- Prior office or clerical experience.
- Ability to follow written policies and procedures.
- Good written and verbal communication skills, including professional telephone skills.
- Self-motivated, independent worker with strong time management skills.
- Ability to access and retrieve information using a PC and basic understanding of Microsoft Office products.