Provides technical consulting services to clients; contributes to the design and delivery of technical architecture solution components; supports the efforts of more experienced consultants; plays a quality assurance role by reviewing team work products to ensure that they are accurate, consistent and meet client requirements; serves as a technical resource on a team or a team leader for other technologists.
Essential Job Functions
- Supports technical design activities related to application software, data, databases, packaged solutions and infrastructure components (Technical).
- Designs, develops and distributes technical reusable components (Technical).
- Participates in the selection, acquisition, configuration and troubleshooting of packaged solutions and technical infrastructure components (Technical).
- Contributes to applying the Catalyst framework, in role played, to determine the methodological steps that are appropriate for an engagement (Methodology).
- Leads a team of 3-5 company resources, in area of expertise, to conclusion of a project phase (Management).
- Assists with gap analyses highlighting current state, future state, client needs, best practices and competition (Business).
- Establishes credibility at all levels with clients and builds problem-solving partnerships with clients and colleagues (Relationship Management).
- Understands sales process, information and support requirements, and assists sales staff in identifying leads (Leverage).
- Communicates in formal presentation settings including medium sized groups, internal and external project teams, and business unit events; develops written communications to address varied styles and information needs (Communication).
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent combination of education and experience
- Bachelor's degree in business, computer science or related field preferred
- Three or more years of experience in technical analysis and design, preferably within a consulting environment
- One to two years of relevant experience in a particular technical specialty area included
- Experience working with company, client , and/or equivalent vendor-mandated methodology
- Experience working with software, hardware, data and testing standards
- Experience working with delivery assurance principles and procedures
- Strong analysis and design skills
- Good communication skills
- Ability to manage competing priorities in a complex environment
- Ability to devise creative technical solutions
- Ability to convey a strong presence, professional image, and deal confidently with complex technical problems
- Willingness to travel
- Office environment
- May require evening or weekend work