Designs and develops integrated solutions through tools, processes and procedures to facilitate the cost-effective delivery of services or fielding of products. Performs testing and integration, maintenance and escalated problem resolution of systems, subsystems and components.
Essential Job Functions
- Designs and develops integrated solutions to meet business requirements or enhance performance.
- Performs and evaluates cost analyses and vendor comparisons of software/hardware systems to ensure cost-effective and efficient operations and measures feasibility of various approaches and makes recommendations.
- Analyzes potential systems investments and prepares supporting documentation for recommendation(s) to management and customers based on results of independent assessment of current and future performance, stability, and systems management/life cycle issues.
- Provides escalated technical support to customers by handling systems-related issues; may provide on-call technical support telephonically and/or electronically.
- Analyzes and resolves program support deficiencies and conducts testing to enhance performance.
- Conducts moderately complex projects or phases of significant projects; coordinates the efforts of technical support staff in the performance of assigned projects.
- Applies advanced methods, theories and research techniques and assists in the development, implementation and documentation of processes and procedures to ensure compliance with standard business practices. Develops and implements training tools and documentation.
- Provides technical consultation on current and proposed systems to other organizations and clients.
- Performs repairs, maintenance and upgrades of existing systems using solutions in accordance with standard operating procedures. Investigates and resolves matters of significance.
- Provides work guidance to less experienced personnel.
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Bachelor's degree in systems engineering, computer science, management information systems, or related field preferred.
- 10+ years of experience with Redhat Linux v5, v6, v7
- 10+ years of experience with virtualization
- 10+ years of experience with technical leadership of other systems administrators.
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team