Description Robert Half is looking to hire an Accounting Clerk for a well respected organization in the oil & gas industry. Serving in this role, you will be responsible for multiple forms of data entry, matching invoices to purchase orders and/or vouchers, and playing an integral role in the process of Accounts Payable (A/P) and Accounts Receivable (A/R). This energetic work environment offers you a great work space/office, excellent benefits, and great career advancement opportunity. This is a long-term contract / temporary employment opportunity based in the Indianapolis, Indiana area.
What you get to do every day
– Arrange documents that require knowledge in determining proper classification of expenditure codes and accounting codes
– Overall accounting: help with G/L account reconciliation and month-end closing, other ad hoc projects
– Work with Accounts Receivable: apply cash receipt, help with collection of past due balance, and process daily invoices/credit
– Support Accounts Payable: A/P invoice matching & filing, vendor invoices and disbursement filing
– Put together statements and reports that require utilization of an assortment of sources
– Broadcast financial information to journals and ledgers
– Mend discrepancies by checking all possible sources of disagreement, reconstructing probable actions, and recognizing the effect on other accounts; prepare correction documents as required Requirements – Ability to multitask effectively
– Spreadsheet and ERP system experience is a plus
– Ability to enter data into various electronic systems while maintaining the integrity and accuracy of the data
– SAP experience required
– Accounts Receivable (AR) experience
– Proficiency in Microsoft Excel
– AA or BS/BA in Accounting or related field preferred
Robert Half is the world’s first and largest specialized talent solutions firm that connects highly qualified job seekers to opportunities at great companies. We offer contract, temporary and permanent placement solutions for finance and accounting, technology, marketing and creative, legal, and administrative and customer support roles.
Robert Half puts you in the best position to succeed by advocating on your behalf and promoting you to employers. We provide access to top jobs, competitive compensation and benefits, and free online training. Stay on top of every opportunity – even on the go. Download the Robert Half app (https://www.roberthalf.com/mobile) and get 1-tap apply, instant notifications for AI-matched jobs, and more.
Questions? Call your local office at 1.888.490.3195. Robert Half will consider qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance. All applicants applying for U.S. job openings must be legally authorized to work in the United States. Benefits are available to temporary professionals. Visit https://roberthalf.gobenefits.net/ for more information.