Robert Half is looking to hire an Accounting Clerk to work in the agriculture industry, whose duties will be matching invoices to purchase orders/ vouchers, data entry, and assisting with Accounts Payable (A/P) and Accounts Receivable (A/R). This is a long-term contract / temporary to hire position located in the Lincoln, Nebraska area. This job is ideal for candidates seeking an energetic, team-oriented environment that offers an opportunity for career advancement. This is with an organization that has quickly become well-respected.
– General accounting: help with G/L account reconciliation and month-end closing, other ad hoc projects
– Work with Accounts Payable: A/P invoice matching & filing, vendor invoices and disbursement filing
– Upload financial information to journals and ledgers
– Settle discrepancies by checking all possible sources of disagreement, reconstructing probable actions, and recognizing the effect on other accounts; prepare correction documents as required
– See to the proper coding of documents that require knowledge in determining proper classification of expenditure codes and accounting codes
– Collaborate with Accounts Receivable: apply cash receipt, process daily invoices/credit, and help with collection of past due balance
– Compose statements and reports that require utilization of a variety of sources
Requirements – Ability to multitask and meet deadlines
– Well-founded grasp of Microsoft Excel
– General familiarity with Microsoft Word
– Account reconciliation experience preferred
– Practical knowledge of Microsoft Outlook
– Proven knowledge of Microsoft Excel
– External Customers experience
– Experience with Internal Customers
– Cash reconciliations experience
– Quality experience with SAP
– Wide ranging experience with Commodity Markets
– Coding Invoices experience desired
– Outstanding data entry skills
– AA or BS/BA in Accounting or related field preferred
– Spreadsheet and ERP system experience recommended
Robert Half is the world’s first and largest specialized talent solutions firm that connects highly qualified job seekers to opportunities at great companies. We offer contract, temporary and permanent placement solutions for finance and accounting, technology, marketing and creative, legal, and administrative and customer support roles.
Robert Half puts you in the best position to succeed by advocating on your behalf and promoting you to employers. We provide access to top jobs, competitive compensation and benefits, and free online training. Stay on top of every opportunity – even on the go. Download the Robert Half app (https://www.roberthalf.com/mobile) and get 1-tap apply, instant notifications for AI-matched jobs, and more.
Questions? Call your local office at 1.888.490.3195. Robert Half will consider qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance. All applicants applying for U.S. job openings must be legally authorized to work in the United States. Benefits are available to temporary professionals. Visit https://roberthalf.gobenefits.net/ for more information.