There is a Financial Reporting Manager position open in a dynamic and fast-growing team, for highly-skilled candidates. Robert Half is looking for a self-starter who combines a real passion for analytics with great social skills. The Financial Reporting Manager is based in Houston, Texas and is a long-term contract / temporary position.
The Specialist Accounting & External Reporting role will be responsible for the raw materials inventory accounting, equity accounted investments and support external reporting. Additional responsibilities include:
· Governance oversight ensuring compliance with Accounting Policies, SOX and Core Controls
· Liaise with Global Shared Services, Treasury & Banking, Supply, Finance Business Partners, and respond to queries as required
· Ensure adequate control and reporting mechanisms in order to maintain the integrity of the company’s financials with regard to raw materials inventory.
· Execute pre month end cost review
· Provide variance analysis and commentary for Raw materials line items in Trial balance review
· Compliance with the reporting processes within the division
· Support / prepare account reconciliations, briefing papers, stewardship schedules & accounting matters as required
· Preparation of ad-hoc presentation materials for senior management as required
· Assist the Accounting team through external & internal audit requests for information.
· Provide oversight in closing out inventory related audit queries between supply team and auditors
· Champion & drive process improvement initiatives to improve team efficiency & global standardization
Skills & Experience
+ Degree qualification in accounting with at least 5 years working experience of accounting or large corporate or professional environment
· CPA or equivalent is desired but not required
· Strong experience/technical knowledge of SAP-based general ledger, business warehouse and consolidation system environment
· A collaborative style, and the ability to communicate effectively at all levels
· A self-starter who works well without direct or close supervision
+ Good attention to detail, analytical and investigative skills, ability to manage deadlines
+ Experience with shared service functions preferred
+ Strong Excel and SAP skills
+ Languages: Fluent English, both verbal and written
Robert Half is the world’s first and largest specialized talent solutions firm that connects highly qualified job seekers to opportunities at great companies. We offer contract, temporary and permanent placement solutions for finance and accounting, technology, marketing and creative, legal, and administrative and customer support roles.
Robert Half puts you in the best position to succeed by advocating on your behalf and promoting you to employers. We provide access to top jobs, competitive compensation and benefits, and free online training. Stay on top of every opportunity – even on the go. Download the Robert Half app (https://www.roberthalf.com/mobile) and get 1-tap apply, instant notifications for AI-matched jobs, and more.
Robert Half will consider qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance. All applicants applying for U.S. job openings must be legally authorized to work in the United States. Benefits are available to temporary professionals. Visit https://roberthalf.gobenefits.net/ for more information.