Description Robert Half has an Accounts Payable (A/P) Clerk opportunity that offers a stimulating work environment with a team of highly skilled professionals. Attending to the general administrative needs of the AP/Finance Department, this role works closely with and reports to the Accounting Manager. The essential functions of this role will include matching and batching code, resolving A/P issues, processing expense reports, updating and reconciling sub-ledger to G/L and processing checks are primary areas of focus. Quickly move up the career ladder on a thriving team by contacting us to learn more about this job opportunity. Located in Washington, District of Columbia, the Accounts Payable Clerk will be a short-term contract / temporary opening.
What you get to do every day
– Help with internal and external audits as required
– Open, sort, and deliver department mail on a daily basis
– Organize, register, scan, and file invoices, checks, and other documents
– Handle the customer service needs of internal business partners
– Carry out daily processes and controls accurately and on time, and ensure compliance with company policies
– Execute full-cycle A/P
– Verify, log and send checks, including facilitating special handling
– Complete special projects on an as-needed basis
– Provide administrative assistance to the AP/Finance Department Requirements – High attention to detail
– Competent with spreadsheets and databases
– Prior experience in an A/P role preferred
– Accounts Payable (AP) experience preferred
– Adeptness in Microsoft Excel
– Deep understanding of Check Runs
– Invoice Processing experience
– Comprehensive knowledge of account reconciliation
– Data entry experience
– General familiarity with SAP
– Demonstrated knowledge of QuickBooks
– Articulate customer service and interpersonal skills, especially when interacting with those in the technical and financial backgrounds
– AA or BS/BA degree in Accounting, Business or similar preferred
Robert Half is the world’s first and largest specialized talent solutions firm that connects highly qualified job seekers to opportunities at great companies. We offer contract, temporary and permanent placement solutions for finance and accounting, technology, marketing and creative, legal, and administrative and customer support roles.
Robert Half puts you in the best position to succeed by advocating on your behalf and promoting you to employers. We provide access to top jobs, competitive compensation and benefits, and free online training. Stay on top of every opportunity – even on the go. Download the Robert Half app (https://www.roberthalf.com/mobile) and get 1-tap apply, instant notifications for AI-matched jobs, and more.
Questions? Call your local office at 1.888.490.3195. Robert Half will consider qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance. All applicants applying for U.S. job openings must be legally authorized to work in the United States. Benefits are available to temporary professionals. Visit https://roberthalf.gobenefits.net/ for more information.