Description Robert Half presently has an opening for an Accounts Payable (A/P) Clerk. Based out of the Washington, District of Columbia area, the Accounts Payable Clerk will be a short-term contract / temporary opening. In this dynamic department, career growth and quick advancement is possible. The Accounts Payable Clerk duties will include matching and batching code invoices, resolving A/P issues, processing expense reports, updating and reconciling sub-ledger to G/L, and processing checks.
– Assist with internal and external audits as needed
– Verify, log and send checks, including facilitating special handling
– Open, organize, and distribute department mail daily
– Carry out daily processes and controls accurately and on time, and ensure compliance with company policies
– Maintain proper storage of invoices, checks, and other documents by organizing, logging, scanning, and filing them
– Carry out additional tasks as assigned
– Produce full-cycle A/P
– Handle the administrative needs of the AP/Finance Department
– Provide customer service to internal business partners Requirements – Proven knowledge of Microsoft Excel
– Expertise in Accounts Payable (AP)
– Comprehensive knowledge of account reconciliation
– Data entry experience
– Well-founded grasp of QuickBooks
– General familiarity with SAP
– Invoice Processing experience
– Check Runs experience
– Established communication, customer service, and interpersonal skills, especially with both technical and financial backgrounds
– AA or BS/BA degree in Accounting, Business or similar preferred
– Prior experience in an A/P role preferred
– Spreadsheet and database capabilities
– Attentive, ability to work independently and prioritize tasks
Robert Half is the world’s first and largest specialized talent solutions firm that connects highly qualified job seekers to opportunities at great companies. We offer contract, temporary and permanent placement solutions for finance and accounting, technology, marketing and creative, legal, and administrative and customer support roles.
Robert Half puts you in the best position to succeed by advocating on your behalf and promoting you to employers. We provide access to top jobs, competitive compensation and benefits, and free online training. Stay on top of every opportunity – even on the go. Download the Robert Half app (https://www.roberthalf.com/mobile) and get 1-tap apply, instant notifications for AI-matched jobs, and more.
Questions? Call your local office at 1.888.490.3195. Robert Half will consider qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance. All applicants applying for U.S. job openings must be legally authorized to work in the United States. Benefits are available to temporary professionals. Visit https://roberthalf.gobenefits.net/ for more information.