Description Robert Half is trying to fill an Accounts Payable (A/P) Clerk position with an organization that offers a stimulating work environment among a team of experienced, motivated professionals. In this position, you will be required to manage all general administrative needs of the AP/Finance Department. You will work closely and report to the Accounting Manager. The main responsibilities will include matching and batching code, resolving A/P issues, processing expense reports, updating and reconciling sub-ledger to G/L and processing checks are primary areas of focus. Contact us today to discover how you can quickly move up the career ladder on a fast-growing team. Located in New York, New York, the Accounts Payable Clerk will be a long-term contract / temporary to hire position.
– Accomplish full-cycle A/P
– Ensure invoices, checks, and other documents are properly sorted, logged, scanned, and filed
– Execute daily processes and controls accurately and in a timely manner; ensuring compliance with company policies
– Provide customer service to internal business partners
– Open, sort, and distribute daily department mail
– Help with internal and external audits as required
– Handle administrative tasks for the AP/Finance Department
– Verify, log and send checks, including facilitating special handling
– Execute additional tasks as needed Requirements – 2+ years of experience in an A/P role preferred
– Strong communication, customer service, and interpersonal skills, especially with both technical and financial backgrounds
– General familiarity with Pivot Table
– Bank Account Reconciliation experience highly preferred
– Demonstrated knowledge of Microsoft Excel
– Earlier work involving budgeting
– Strong familiarity with SAP Platform
– Expertise in Accounts Payable (AP)
– Practical knowledge of bank reconciliations
– Adeptness in Microsoft Excel
– Solid understanding of Credit Card Reconciliation
– Background working with budget forecasting
– SAP Financials experience preferred
– Experience with Excel Formulas
– AA or BS/BA degree in Accounting, Business or similar preferred
– Detailed and have the ability work independently
Robert Half is the world’s first and largest specialized talent solutions firm that connects highly qualified job seekers to opportunities at great companies. We offer contract, temporary and permanent placement solutions for finance and accounting, technology, marketing and creative, legal, and administrative and customer support roles.
Robert Half puts you in the best position to succeed by advocating on your behalf and promoting you to employers. We provide access to top jobs, competitive compensation and benefits, and free online training. Stay on top of every opportunity – even on the go. Download the Robert Half app (https://www.roberthalf.com/mobile) and get 1-tap apply, instant notifications for AI-matched jobs, and more.
Robert Half will consider qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance. All applicants applying for U.S. job openings must be legally authorized to work in the United States. Benefits are available to temporary professionals. Visit https://roberthalf.gobenefits.net/ for more information.