Description Robert Half is seeking a candidate for an Accounts Payable (A/P) Clerk that is able to start asap. This Accounts Payable Clerk opportunity will be located in the Houston, Texas area and will be a short-term contract / temporary position. This department offers prospects of career growth and advancement. The Accounts Payable Clerk duties will include matching and batching code invoices, resolving A/P issues, processing expense reports, updating and reconciling sub-ledger to G/L, and processing checks.
What you get to do every single day
– Sort, log, scan, and file invoices, checks, and other documents
– Verify, log and send checks, including facilitating special handling
– Open, sort, and distribute daily department mail
– Handle the administrative needs of the AP/Finance Department
– Manage customer service tasks for internal business partners
– Complete special projects on an as-needed basis
– Assist with internal and external audits as needed
– Perform full-cycle A/P
– Carry out daily processes and controls accurately and on time, and ensure compliance with company policies Requirements – Proficient with spreadsheets and databases
– Accounts Payable (AP) experience desired
– SAP experience
– Be detailed, flexible, and organized
– AA or BS/BA degree in Accounting, Business or similar preferred
– Established communication, customer service, and interpersonal skills, especially with both technical and financial backgrounds
– Prior experience in an A/P role preferred
Robert Half is the world’s first and largest specialized talent solutions firm that connects highly qualified job seekers to opportunities at great companies. We offer contract, temporary and permanent placement solutions for finance and accounting, technology, marketing and creative, legal, and administrative and customer support roles.
Robert Half puts you in the best position to succeed by advocating on your behalf and promoting you to employers. We provide access to top jobs, competitive compensation and benefits, and free online training. Stay on top of every opportunity – even on the go. Download the Robert Half app (https://www.roberthalf.com/mobile) and get 1-tap apply, instant notifications for AI-matched jobs, and more.
Robert Half will consider qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance. All applicants applying for U.S. job openings must be legally authorized to work in the United States. Benefits are available to temporary professionals. Visit https://roberthalf.gobenefits.net/ for more information.