Description Robert Half is seeking a talented Financial Analyst to fill a position at a flourishing company. You will manage financial modeling on a range of financial products as well as measure, analyze, and forecast performance in conjunction with operating plans in this position. Additionally, you will advise management on the allocation of resources to properly complete objectives and prepare reports for management. You will be a part of a dynamic team being a key business partner in areas such as forecasting, performance reporting, and expense management. This Financial Analyst role is based in the San Francisco, California, area and is a long-term contract / temporary employment opportunity. We seek someone who has internal drive and strong potential for professional growth and development.
What you get to do every day
– Study performance to date and examine potential risks and opportunities
– Amass and monitor forecasting reports
– Create effective Business Intelligence (BI) to provide forward-looking insight and recommendation support
– Work next to cross-functional partners in Accounting and Operations to execute against plans
– Function next to senior executives on strategic deep dives by developing financial models and insights on topics such as: Retention forecasts, Campaign Planning & Tracking, return on investment of strategic investments, event tracking and execution, strategic resource allocation, and prioritization
– Manage monthly reporting to business partners on financial results and actions required
– This position would suit a flexible individual that has experience managing large amounts of information and meeting expectations
– Understand and explain internal and external drivers impacting performance and trending
– Monitor monthly and quarterly performance by comparison of actuals versus expectations and enable business partners to handle their resources effectively
– Work closely with Accounting on the monthly and quarterly financial close process
– Maintain weekly, quarterly and annual Area/Segment-level Bookings and P& L forecasting Requirements – BA/BS degree in finance or a related field
– Excellent communication skills (written and verbal)
– Familiar with Spreadsheet and ERP system
– Financial planning & analysis (go-to-market experience prioritized)
– Strong problem solving and analytical skills
– navigating basic office equipment and protocols experience
– Experience with financial data management processes & systems, e.g. Oracle/Hyperion/SAP Business Objects/SFDC/Tableau- Demonstrated ability to build and deliver effective presentations to audiences with wide-ranging backgrounds
– Experience in problem solving through statistical analysis or with large data sets highly preferable (such as in derivatives, structured finance, or business analytics or in a similarly demanding and analytical role)
Robert Half is the world’s first and largest specialized talent solutions firm that connects highly qualified job seekers to opportunities at great companies. We offer contract, temporary and permanent placement solutions for finance and accounting, technology, marketing and creative, legal, and administrative and customer support roles.
Robert Half puts you in the best position to succeed by advocating on your behalf and promoting you to employers. We provide access to top jobs, competitive compensation and benefits, and free online training. Stay on top of every opportunity – even on the go. Download the Robert Half app (https://www.roberthalf.com/mobile) and get 1-tap apply, instant notifications for AI-matched jobs, and more.
Questions? Call your local office at 1.888.490.3195. Robert Half will consider qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance. All applicants applying for U.S. job openings must be legally authorized to work in the United States. Benefits are available to temporary professionals. Visit https://roberthalf.gobenefits.net/ for more information.