Description Are you looking for a long-term contract / temporary to hire position? Robert Half is hiring an Accounts Payable (A/P) Clerk for a company in the Rental/Leasing Services industry. The Accounts Payable Clerk will match, batch, and code invoices, resolve A/P issues, process expense reports, update and reconcile sub-ledger to G/L, and process checks. You will have the opportunity for career growth and advancement within this dynamic department. Based out of the Secaucus, New Jersey area, the Accounts Payable Clerk will be a long-term contract / temporary to hire opening.
– Accurately execute daily processes and controls in a timely manner while ensuring company policies are followed
– Manage customer service tasks for internal business partners
– Provide administrative assistance to the AP/Finance Department
– Complete full-cycle A/P
– Manage the process of verifying, logging, and mailing checks, including expediting special handling
– Assist with internal and external audits as needed
– Carry out additional projects as required
– Handle daily department mail by opening, sorting, and distributing it
– Sort, register, scan, and store invoices, checks, and other documents Requirements – Excellent customer service and interpersonal skills, especially when interacting with those in the technical and financial backgrounds
– Attention to detail and proven ability to follow standard procedures is a requirement
– Prior experience in an A/P role preferred
– Accounts Payable (AP) experience
– Foundational knowledge in reconciliations
– Well-founded grasp of Balance Sheet Account Reconciliation
– Deep understanding of Vendor Statements
– Proven knowledge of Purchase Orders
– SAP experience highly desired
– Invoice experience required
– AA or BS/BA degree in Accounting, Business or similar preferred
– Competent with spreadsheets and databases
Robert Half is the world’s first and largest specialized talent solutions firm that connects highly qualified job seekers to opportunities at great companies. We offer contract, temporary and permanent placement solutions for finance and accounting, technology, marketing and creative, legal, and administrative and customer support roles.
Robert Half puts you in the best position to succeed by advocating on your behalf and promoting you to employers. We provide access to top jobs, competitive compensation and benefits, and free online training. Stay on top of every opportunity – even on the go. Download the Robert Half app (https://www.roberthalf.com/mobile) and get 1-tap apply, instant notifications for AI-matched jobs, and more.
Robert Half will consider qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance. All applicants applying for U.S. job openings must be legally authorized to work in the United States. Benefits are available to temporary professionals. Visit https://roberthalf.gobenefits.net/ for more information.