Description We are currently seeking Accounts Receivable (A/R) Clerk candidates who are self-starting and detail-oriented. This is a long-term contract / temporary to hire Accounts Receivable Clerk position and is based in the Montvale, New Jersey area. A growing Retail company is partnering with Robert Half to find an Accounts Receivable (A/R) Clerk to join their accounting team. The Accounts Receivable Clerk will be entering, posting, and reconciling batches, as well as researching and resolving customer A/R issues, preparing aging report, placing billing and collection calls, maintaining cash receipts journal, updating, and reconciling sub-ledger to G/L. You’re a good fit for this position is you are looking for career growth potential, and are capable of processing 200+ invoices per week.
– Promote, communicate, and reinforce the mission, values and culture of the organization
– Provide information, as requested to shippers, customers, the sales/marketing department and other stakeholders
– Execute a number of foundational accounting tasks in agreement with normal procedures, including general accounting tasks
– Reconcile bank accounts, posting and balancing financial data in various ledgers
– Compile segments of monthly closings and annual reports and take care of payments in compliance with GAAP
– Help resolve payment issues by contacting clients, assist in setting up payment plans
– Test documents and codes
– Pinpoint delinquent customer accounts through various means, e.g. written correspondence, phone contact, skip-tracing, and making arrangements for payment Requirements – AA or BS/BA degree in Accounting or related field preferred
– 2+ years of relevant experience in accounts receivable
– Attention to detail and proven ability to follow standard procedures is a requirement
– Proficiency in Microsoft Office with strong Excel skills
– Established analytical skills in basic accounts receivable and accounting policy
– Experience with ERP systems
– Comprehensive knowledge of Microsoft Excel
– Knowledge of SAP
– Billing Collection experience
Robert Half is the world’s first and largest specialized talent solutions firm that connects highly qualified job seekers to opportunities at great companies. We offer contract, temporary and permanent placement solutions for finance and accounting, technology, marketing and creative, legal, and administrative and customer support roles.
Robert Half puts you in the best position to succeed by advocating on your behalf and promoting you to employers. We provide access to top jobs, competitive compensation and benefits, and free online training. Stay on top of every opportunity – even on the go. Download the Robert Half app (https://www.roberthalf.com/mobile) and get 1-tap apply, instant notifications for AI-matched jobs, and more.
Robert Half will consider qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance. All applicants applying for U.S. job openings must be legally authorized to work in the United States. Benefits are available to temporary professionals. Visit https://roberthalf.gobenefits.net/ for more information.