Description In this Assistant Controller role, you will utilize your problem solving skills by taking initiative to identity and resolve problems. As the Assistant Controller, you will assist in supervising the accounting staff and report to the Controller. This permanent employment opportunity is based in the Portage, Michigan area. Join a cutting edge company in the Manufacturing industry by applying via Robert Half today.
What you get to do every day
– Advocate implementation and make certain adherence to accounting policies and procedures
– Assist to ensure a competent, trained staff through goal setting, development, and regular assessment
– Test and produce Ad Hoc financial reports
– Recognize and grow process improvements to streamline reporting and improve team efficiency
– Make relevant and timely reports on financial data analytics like actual spend against budgets/outlook, the monthly flash report, and key financial metrics
– Assist the accounting team during the closing process to assure deadlines are met
– Backfill for Controller where appropriate
– Pitch in to the preparation of GAAP financial statements, including budgeting and forecasting
– Perform other duties when necessary
– Ready different technical accounting analyses, policies, and procedures
– Refined preparation and coordination of fiscal year-end audits
– Secure regular account reconciliation to completion
– Stimulate accountability and the meeting of deliverables Requirements – Strong knowledge of Generally Accepted Accounting Principles
– Ability to multitask and meet deadlines
– CPA an added bonus
– Great written, verbal, and interpersonal skills
– In-depth knowledge of enterprise resource planning (ERP) systems
– Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting
– Financial analysis experience
– Proven knowledge of financial reporting
– Strong familiarity with Complex Financial Analysis
– SAP experience
– Provide Financial Analysis experience highly desired
– Microsoft Excel experience preferred
– 3+ years of general ledger accounting experience
– Dynamic accounting experience, including as a Bookkeeper preferred
– Strong analytical skills, with the ability to exercise good judgment and make decisions based on accurate and timely analysis
Robert Half is the world’s first and largest specialized talent solutions firm that connects highly qualified job seekers to opportunities at great companies. We offer contract, temporary and permanent placement solutions for finance and accounting, technology, marketing and creative, legal, and administrative and customer support roles.
Robert Half puts you in the best position to succeed by advocating on your behalf and promoting you to employers. We provide access to top jobs, competitive compensation and benefits, and free online training. Stay on top of every opportunity – even on the go. Download the Robert Half app (https://www.roberthalf.com/mobile) and get 1-tap apply, instant notifications for AI-matched jobs, and more.
Robert Half will consider qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance. All applicants applying for U.S. job openings must be authorized to work in the United States. Benefits are available to temporary professionals. Visit https://roberthalf.gobenefits.net/ for more information.