Robert Half is seeking a dynamic employee for a temporary / contract to hire opportunity with a growing company! The primary role of the Cash Application Specialist will be to determine how each line item on the customer remittance will be applied against the customer’s account, while strictly adhering to company policy and GAAP accounting standards. Advanced excel skills and heavy accounts receivable reconciliation/auditing experience are a must.
– Download customer payment and remittance information from the lockbox, customer portals and email daily.
– Utilize working knowledge of the customer payment breakdown-process, factoring in any issues that may delay the breakdown-process, to prioritize workload, while still ensuring that all cash is posted by daily/monthly deadlines.
– Following company policy, breakdown customer remittances and research each remittance line item to determine which invoice on the customer account to apply cash.
– Balance all cash application, unapplied cash and non-AR entries to ensure total cash applied matches the customer payment.
– Provide auditable support, per company policy, for all cash application and non-AR entries.
– Develop working relationship with customer contacts and internal teams and communicate any discrepancies or problems timely. Monitor, follow-up and escalate to ensure problems are addressed so cash can be applied by daily/monthly deadlines.
– Communicate any lien releases or other billing process change documentation that may arrive with the customer remittance to appropriate internal teams.
– Assist the Cash App data-entry teams in posting cash as necessary to SAP, ensuring all deadlines are met.
– Assist with month-end close and prepare analysis and/or other administrative reports, review outstanding items and exceptions.
– Accounting and clerical duties such as filing, scanning, making collections phone calls and sending out past due correspondence.
*Please note that all candidates are required to provide 2 recent supervisor or manager references in order to be considered for employment.
Please submit your resume and call Jordan Lynch at 651-293-3973 for review and consideration.
– Demonstrated analytical skills in basic accounts receivable and accounting policy
– Comprehensive knowledge of commercial collections
– Credit collections experience preferred
– SAP experience
– Microsoft Excel experience
– Proficiency in accounts receivable aging
– AA or BS/BA degree in Accounting or related field desired
– Efficient in ERP systems
– Observant, accurate and able to thrive in a fast-paced environment
– 2+ years of relevant experience in accounts receivable
Robert Half is the world’s first and largest specialized talent solutions firm that connects highly qualified job seekers to opportunities at great companies. We offer contract, temporary and permanent placement solutions for finance and accounting, technology, marketing and creative, legal, and administrative and customer support roles.
Robert Half puts you in the best position to succeed by advocating on your behalf and promoting you to employers. We provide access to top jobs, competitive compensation and benefits, and free online training. Stay on top of every opportunity – even on the go. Download the Robert Half app (https://www.roberthalf.com/mobile) and get 1-tap apply, instant notifications for AI-matched jobs, and more.
Questions? Call your local office at 1.888.490.3195. Robert Half will consider qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance. All applicants applying for U.S. job openings must be legally authorized to work in the United States. Benefits are available to temporary professionals. Visit https://roberthalf.gobenefits.net/ for more information.