Candidates who are driven by high expectations will be interested in this Controller role. The ideal candidate for this position thrives in a role where integrity, reliability and leadership are valued. Robert Half’s new Controller opening will give you the opportunity to take responsibility for an accounting and clerical department at a successful company. Based in the Mayfield Heights, Ohio area, this opening for a Controller is a permanent position. If you can plan and direct all accounting operational functions, handle the accumulation and consolidation of financial data for internal and external financial statements, evaluate accounting and internal control systems, and lead departmental staff, you might be right for this position. You will succeed in this position if you can effectively manage self and others within strict time constraints when providing client services, lead while also being a team player, generate innovative ideas, and challenge the status quo. If your ideal job offers you exceptional compensation and benefits and potential for career growth, this is a good fit!
Your responsibilities in this role will be:
– Support Finance Department initiatives, such as software and systems implementation and other departmental or firm-wide improvements, with research, planning, and implementation, as required
– Direct finance department activities, such as accounts payable, billings & collections, and payroll
– Perform tasks associated with month-end and year-end close of income statement and balance sheet, account reconciliations & G/L analysis
– Each month, present executive committee and partners with financial reports
– Work closely with executive team and partners to ensure that firm-wide operation is efficient and effective
– Manage the production of the annual budget and forecasts and monitor them monthly
– Time monthly billing and other cash management techniques to make sure cash collection is punctual
– Handle daily cash management and produce cash-flow reports, calculating cash needs at weekly and monthly intervals
For Immediate CONFIDENTIAL Consideration, please call TOM MAY ASAP @ 216-800-7232!
– BA/BS in Accounting, Finance, Economics or other business related field
– 7+ years of progressive accounting experience, including as a Controller preferred
– Prior work in technology, analytics and management experience desired
– Advanced credentials such as a Masters of Business Administration / MBA or Certified Public Accountant / CPA are preferred
– Comprehension of cash management
– General familiarity with payroll for over 500 employees
– Demonstrated knowledge of Accounts Receivable (AR)
– Adeptness in Accounts Payable (AP)
– Previous experience working with inventory controls
– Knowledge of budget forecasting
– Risk management experience highly valued
– Experience with SAP
– Corporate Income Tax experience highly preferred
– Earlier work involving US GAAP
– Strong familiarity with financial statement preparation
– Foundational knowledge in financial analysis
– Good understanding of GAAP Accounting
Robert Half is the world’s first and largest specialized talent solutions firm that connects highly qualified job seekers to opportunities at great companies. We offer contract, temporary and permanent placement solutions for finance and accounting, technology, marketing and creative, legal, and administrative and customer support roles.
Robert Half puts you in the best position to succeed by advocating on your behalf and promoting you to employers. We provide access to top jobs, competitive compensation and benefits, and free online training. Stay on top of every opportunity – even on the go. Download the Robert Half app (https://www.roberthalf.com/mobile) and get 1-tap apply, instant notifications for AI-matched jobs, and more.
Robert Half will consider qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance. All applicants applying for U.S. job openings must be authorized to work in the United States. Benefits are available to temporary professionals. Visit https://roberthalf.gobenefits.net/ for more information.