Description This position is ideal for someone who is driven by high expectations. This position is ideal for someone who thrives in a role where integrity, reliability and leadership are valued. Robert Half’s new Controller opening will give you the opportunity to take responsibility for an accounting and clerical department at a successful company. Based in the Youngsville, North Carolina area, this opening for a Controller is a permanent position. Responsibilities include planning and directing all accounting operational functions, handling the accumulation and consolidation of financial data for internal and external financial statements, evaluating accounting and internal control systems, and leading departmental staff. You will succeed in this position if you can effectively manage self and others within strict time constraints when providing client services, lead while also being a team player, generate innovative ideas, and challenge the status quo. Do you want exceptional compensation and benefits and potential for career growth? This is a good position for you.
– Takes action on items beyond formal job responsibilities
– Inspect deliverables of self and team to ensure that they meet client expectations
– Responsible for month-end and year-end close of income statement and balance sheet, account reconciliations & G/L analysis
– Present executive committee and partners with monthly financial reports
– Manage the production of and monthly monitoring of the annual budget and forecasts
– Research, prepare and execute Finance Department initiatives such as software and systems implementation and other departmental or firm-wide improvements, as required
– Time monthly billing and other cash management techniques to make sure cash collection is punctual
– Assess, execute and streamline policies, procedures, controls and most methodologies
– Guide all operations of the finance department, including accounts payable, billings & collections, and payroll
– Work closely with executive team and partners to ensure efficient and successful firm-wide operation
– Prepare cash-flow reports, projecting cash needs at weekly and monthly intervals, daily cash management Requirements – Demonstrated analytical abilities, tendency to quickly connect dots and surmise logical outcomes
– Self-starter with efficient time management and organizational skills
– BA/BS in Accounting, Finance, Economics or other business related field
– Prior work in technology, analytics and management experience desired
– Ability to prioritize deals and adapt to quick changes while remaining diligent, and to thrive in a dynamic, high pressure environment
– Ability to complete multiple tasks and projects within deadlines
– Progressive accounting experience, including as a Controller preferred
– Strong communication skills, both verbally and in writing
– Comprehensive knowledge of manufacturing
– Expertise in Global Manufacturing
– Adeptness in SAP
– Proficiency in Manufacturing Company
– Foundational knowledge in Manufacturing Cost Accounting
– Manufacturing Costs experience
– Demonstrated knowledge of month end closings
– Outstanding communication skills, excellent interpersonal skills, both oral and written, and ability to build as well as deliver effective presentations
– Prior experience in a public accounting environment is highly valued
– CPA/MBA preferred
– Strong attention to detail
Robert Half is the world’s first and largest specialized talent solutions firm that connects highly qualified job seekers to opportunities at great companies. We offer contract, temporary and permanent placement solutions for finance and accounting, technology, marketing and creative, legal, and administrative and customer support roles.
Robert Half puts you in the best position to succeed by advocating on your behalf and promoting you to employers. We provide access to top jobs, competitive compensation and benefits, and free online training. Stay on top of every opportunity – even on the go. Download the Robert Half app (https://www.roberthalf.com/mobile) and get 1-tap apply, instant notifications for AI-matched jobs, and more.
Questions? Call your local office at 1.888.490.5461. Robert Half will consider qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance. All applicants applying for U.S. job openings must be authorized to work in the United States. Benefits are available to temporary professionals. Visit https://roberthalf.gobenefits.net/ for more information.