Apply as soon as you can for the immediate Senior Accountant opportunity through Robert Half with an organization in the Houston, Texas area. This Senior Accountant position is with a growing client looking to flourish their team. They are longing to work with you! Submit your application now for this long-term contract / temporary position.
The Specialist Corporate Accounting role will be responsible for the Marketing financial statement impacts and preparation for month end close including the review and analysis of results. Additional responsibilities include:
· Governance oversight ensuring compliance with Accounting Policies, SOX and Core Controls
· Liaise with Global Shared Services, Treasury & Banking, Finance Business Partners and respond to queries as required
· Ensure adequate control and reporting mechanisms are implemented in order to maintain the integrity of the company’s financials including Intercompany, foreign exchange and funding.
· Compliance with the reporting processes within the division
· Prepare account reconciliations, briefing papers, stewardship schedules & accounting matters as required
· Coordinate with various stakeholders relating to corporate funding, intercompany transactions and foreign exchange impacts to financial statements
· Preparation of ad-hoc presentation materials for senior management as required
· Assist the Accounting team through external & internal audit requests for information.
· Ensure compliance with Company accounting policy as it relates to the funding, intercompany transactions and foreign exchange
· Champion & drive process improvement initiatives to improve team efficiency & global standardization
Skills & Experience
Degree qualification in accounting with at least 5 years working experience of accounting or large corporate or professional environment
· CPA or equivalent is desired but not required
· Strong experience/technical knowledge of SAP-based general ledger, business warehouse and consolidation system environment
· A collaborative style, and the ability to communicate effectively at all levels
· A self-starter who works well without direct or close supervision
Good attention to detail, analytical and investigative skills, ability to manage deadlines
Experience with shared service functions preferred
· Strong Excel and SAP skills
· Languages: Fluent English, both verbal and written
Robert Half is the world’s first and largest specialized talent solutions firm that connects highly qualified job seekers to opportunities at great companies. We offer contract, temporary and permanent placement solutions for finance and accounting, technology, marketing and creative, legal, and administrative and customer support roles.
Robert Half puts you in the best position to succeed by advocating on your behalf and promoting you to employers. We provide access to top jobs, competitive compensation and benefits, and free online training. Stay on top of every opportunity – even on the go. Download the Robert Half app (https://www.roberthalf.com/mobile) and get 1-tap apply, instant notifications for AI-matched jobs, and more.
Robert Half will consider qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance. All applicants applying for U.S. job openings must be legally authorized to work in the United States. Benefits are available to temporary professionals. Visit https://roberthalf.gobenefits.net/ for more information.