· Lead annual standard cost process including reviewing and updating standard and actual costs as required.
· Assist in the preparation of the annual plant budget.
· Update and maintain the product Bill of Material and formulas within the ERP system.
· Identify and review transaction errors to ensure proper impact on perpetual and G/L records.
· Analyze cost variances; determine root causes, and prepare recommendations and alternatives for improvements.
· Prepare and analyze cost reports to ensure completeness and accuracy.
· Assist in providing timely and accurate accounting support as required for monthly reconciliations, maintenance of standard cost, as well as month-end financial closing.
· Assist in year-end physical count of inventory and subsequent reconciliations.
· Drive continuous process improvements within the department and or overall business.
· Complete inter-company transfer
· Review production batch sheets and review for accuracy
· Provide back-up for AP function
· Provide direct support for accounting staff members.
A successful candidate must hold a Bachelor’s degree or higher in Accounting (CMA or CPA a plus) and have at least ten (10) years of experience in cost accounting. SAP experience is strongly preferred. The candidate should possess the ability to perform a variety of tasks under minimal supervision. Attention to detail, strong analytical, validation as well as strong verbal and written communication skills are also required. The candidate must be able to interact with individuals at all levels within the organization. The candidate must be able to prioritize tasks to meet deadlines in an efficient and effective manner. The candidate must also be able to organize, lead and execute team efforts in a time-sensitive environment in order to maximize results as well as to carry out job requirements at an elevated level of accuracy.
The position will be based in our Memphis, TN location. The ability to work in the United States is required. We offer a competitive salary and an excellent benefits package.
Robert Half is the world’s first and largest specialized talent solutions firm that connects highly qualified job seekers to opportunities at great companies. We offer contract, temporary and permanent placement solutions for finance and accounting, technology, marketing and creative, legal, and administrative and customer support roles.
Robert Half puts you in the best position to succeed by advocating on your behalf and promoting you to employers. We provide access to top jobs, competitive compensation and benefits, and free online training. Stay on top of every opportunity – even on the go. Download the Robert Half app (https://www.roberthalf.com/mobile) and get 1-tap apply, instant notifications for AI-matched jobs, and more.
Robert Half will consider qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance. All applicants applying for U.S. job openings must be authorized to work in the United States. Benefits are available to temporary professionals. Visit https://roberthalf.gobenefits.net/ for more information.