If you are an outstanding Financial Analyst, Robert Half may be interested in you for the new opening at this fast-growing Insurance company. In this Financial Analyst role, you will conduct financial modeling on a range of financial products and measure, analyze, and forecast performance in conjunction with operating plans. In addition to advising management on the assignment of resources to best complete objectives, you will prepare reports for management. You will be a part of a dynamic team being a key business partner in areas such as forecasting, performance reporting, and expense management. As the Financial Analyst, your main duties will include supporting world class strategic and financial planning methods, building long-range operating plans to support business imperatives and developing rolling forecast processes to ensure resources every quarter are consumed at maximum effectiveness. In conjunction with your day-to-day tasks, you will assist with operationalizing and cultivating a more data-driven planning process and improved monthly and quarterly reporting. In this role, you will be directly involved in the coordination of various planning cycles (annual planning, quarterly forecasts and monthly outlooks), while providing strategic analyses and recommendations. You will provide variance analysis of bookings, revenues and expenses, clearly explaining the business reasons for variances and adjusting the outlook models to reflect operational adjustments. Located in the West Des Moines, Iowa, this Financial Analyst role is a permanent employment opportunity.
– Work closely with cross functional partners in Accounting and Operations to execute against plans
– Deliver effective Business Intelligence (BI) to provide valuable foresight and decision support
– Collaborate with the Accounting team on the monthly and quarterly financial close process
– Recognize potential risks and opportunities while analyzing performance to date
– Work with senior executives on strategic deep dives by developing financial models and insights on topics such as: Retention forecasts, Campaign Planning & Tracking, return on investment of strategic investments, event tracking and execution, strategic resource allocation, and prioritization
– Possess the know-how and be able to explain internal and external drivers impacting performance and trending
– Support weekly, quarterly and annual Area/Segment-level Bookings and P& L forecasting
– Track monthly and quarterly performance through comparison of actuals versus expectations and enable business partners to handle their resources
– The ideal candidate should be a highly flexible individual who is comfortable with large amounts of information and adept at managing expectations
– Lead monthly reporting to business partners on financial results and if any actions are required
– Complete and direct forecasting reporting
Requirements – Experience in problem solving through statistical analysis or with large data sets highly preferable (such as in derivatives, structured finance, or business analytics or in a similarly demanding and analytical role)
– Financial planning & analysis (go-to-market experience considered)
– Excellent problem-solving skills
– Budget forecasting experience desired
– Microsoft Excel experience
– Proficiency in variance analysis
– Financial analysis experience preferred
– Strong communication skills, excellent interpersonal skills, both oral and written, and ability to build as well as deliver effective presentations
– Experience with financial data management processes & systems, e.g. Oracle/Hyperion/SAP Business Objects/SFDC/Tableau- BA/BS degree in finance or a related field
– Strong communication and social skills
– 1+ years of experience in problem solving through statistical analysis or with large data sets highly preferable (such as in derivatives, structured finance, or business analytics or in a similarly demanding and analytical role)
– Spreadsheet and ERP system experience recommended
Robert Half is the world’s first and largest specialized talent solutions firm that connects highly qualified job seekers to opportunities at great companies. We offer contract, temporary and permanent placement solutions for finance and accounting, technology, marketing and creative, legal, and administrative and customer support roles.
Robert Half puts you in the best position to succeed by advocating on your behalf and promoting you to employers. We provide access to top jobs, competitive compensation and benefits, and free online training. Stay on top of every opportunity – even on the go. Download the Robert Half app (https://www.roberthalf.com/mobile) and get 1-tap apply, instant notifications for AI-matched jobs, and more.
Questions? Call your local office at 1.888.490.5461. Robert Half will consider qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance. All applicants applying for U.S. job openings must be authorized to work in the United States. Benefits are available to temporary professionals. Visit https://roberthalf.gobenefits.net/ for more information.