Robert Half is working with a fast-growing, dynamic team looking for a Financial Analyst who will be a key business partner in forecasting, performance reporting, and expense management. This Financial Analyst role is a long-term contract / temporary to hire employment opportunity and is located in the Hoboken, New Jersey, area. To succeed in this Financial Analyst position, you will need to be comfortable with conducting financial modeling on various financial products, as well as measuring, analyzing and forecasting performance in conjunction with operating plans. The Financial Analyst will also be tasked with advising management on the allocation of resources to best accomplish objectives and preparing reports for management.
– Maintain weekly, quarterly and annual Area/Segment-level Bookings and P& L forecasting
– Understand and communicate internal and external drivers impacting performance and trending
– Flexible individual comfortable with large amounts of information and adept at managing expectations
– Produce and monitor forecasting reports
– Support contacts in Accounting and Operations to execute business plans
– Analyze annual performance by comparing actual results to their expectations and supply information to business partners to inform decision making
– Research performance to date and assess potential risks and opportunities
– Power monthly reporting to business partners on financial results and actions required
– Work with senior executives on strategic deep dives by developing financial models and insights on topics such as: Retention forecasts, Campaign Planning & Tracking, return on investment of strategic investments, event tracking and execution, strategic resource allocation, and prioritization
– Create effective Business Intelligence (BI) to provide forward-looking insight and recommendation support
– Work with Accounting on the monthly and quarterly financial close process
Requirements – Quarter-end experience
– Deep understanding of financial modeling
– Month end closings experience
– Well-founded grasp of VLOOKUP
– Microsoft Excel experience required
– Quality experience with anti money laundering
– General familiarity with Pivot Table
– Financial analysis experience
– Wide ranging experience with revenue recognition
– Proven knowledge of Enterprise Resource Planning
– Practical knowledge of business analysis
– Experience with financial data management processes & systems, e.g. Oracle/Hyperion/SAP Business Objects/SFDC/Tableau- Demonstrated ability to build and deliver effective presentations to audiences with wide-ranging backgrounds
– Financial planning & analysis (go-to-market experience preferential)
– Experience in problem solving through statistical analysis or with large data sets highly preferable (such as in derivatives, structured finance, or business analytics or in a similarly demanding and analytical role)
– Ability to effectively interact, verbally and in writing
– BA/BS degree in finance or a related field
– Ability to recognize, evaluate, and resolve problems effectively
– Candidates with Spreadsheet and ERP system experience will be prioritized
Robert Half is the world’s first and largest specialized talent solutions firm that connects highly qualified job seekers to opportunities at great companies. We offer contract, temporary and permanent placement solutions for finance and accounting, technology, marketing and creative, legal, and administrative and customer support roles.
Robert Half puts you in the best position to succeed by advocating on your behalf and promoting you to employers. We provide access to top jobs, competitive compensation and benefits, and free online training. Stay on top of every opportunity – even on the go. Download the Robert Half app (https://www.roberthalf.com/mobile) and get 1-tap apply, instant notifications for AI-matched jobs, and more.
Questions? Call your local office at 1.888.490.3195. Robert Half will consider qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance. All applicants applying for U.S. job openings must be legally authorized to work in the United States. Benefits are available to temporary professionals. Visit https://roberthalf.gobenefits.net/ for more information.