Description Looking for a new opportunity? This Help Desk Analyst position with a growing company in the Construction/Contractor field might be right for you. We invite you to apply if you are a self-confident, motivated person with a strong work ethic and excellent communication skills who enjoys a fast-paced, team-driven environment. This Service Desk Analyst job might be for you if you can represent the Service Desk by liaising with 2nd and 3rd level teams to help transition new and changing services. This position could certainly have duties including creating knowledge articles and arranging training for other Service Desk Analysts when needed. Can you handle complex end-user support issues and provide support to team members by focusing and restoring service to the end users? This job might be for you. One of the most important parts, though, is how your role as the Help Desk Analyst relates to IT projects and IT Service Management initiatives. Another important piece of knowledge candidates should have is an understanding of Incident, Problem, Change Management and other processes. Another important piece of knowledge candidates should have is how these processes work together to provide superior support and high availability of our business. You might find that you need to cover alternative shifts when needed.
– Meet and exceed SLA standards: Close tickets in a timely manner, while upholding customer service standards
– The chosen candidate will need to facilitate user account management. That means onboarding, change and departure processes
– Troubleshoot end user issues: Provide root-cause analysis on various web and mobile applications; handle escalated tickets relating to server/network related issues
– Understand and utilize ITIL processes (Incident, Problem, Change, etc.) and how they are used in a corporate environment
– Understand concepts related to networks, servers, PCs, databases, proprietary systems, etc.
– Maintain hardware and peripherals: Responsible for upgrading and replacing computer parts; handle documentation and asset inventory
– Provide guidance to Tier 1 support and team members Requirements – Ability to multitask and communicate well with individuals of all backgrounds
– Critical thinking, problem solving, ability to work independently
– 3+ years of experience supporting desktop/server operating systems and technologies such as Active Directory, DNS, Exchange and VMware
– Ability to work independently with minimal oversight
– Ability to communicate verbally and in writing effectively throughout all levels of the company
– If you have technical skills to serve as escalation point for handling incidents and service requests related to application, operating system and other service related problems, you will be strongly preferred
– Background in one or more programming or scripting language
– If you have a combination of superior customer service skills and technical aptitude, you will be strongly preferred
– Possess qualifications to analyze complex business problems, propose effective solutions and understand and apply business vision and direction
– We really want someone with ITIL certification for this job
– Well-founded grasp of Active Directory
– Basic Troubleshooting experience highly desired
– Proven knowledge of VMware
– Practical knowledge of virtualization
– General familiarity with PowerShell
– Solid understanding of JIRA
– Quality experience with Server Administration
– KACE experience preferred
– Strong familiarity with Microsoft SMicrosoft – System Management Server
– Expertise in Microsoft Office 365
Technology Doesn’t Change the World, People Do.®
Robert Half is the world’s first and largest specialized talent solutions firm that connects highly qualified job seekers to opportunities at great companies. We offer contract, temporary and permanent placement solutions for finance and accounting, technology, marketing and creative, legal, and administrative and customer support roles.
Robert Half puts you in the best position to succeed by advocating on your behalf and promoting you to employers. We provide access to top jobs, competitive compensation and benefits, and free online training. Stay on top of every opportunity – even on the go. Download the Robert Half app (https://www.roberthalf.com/mobile) and get 1-tap apply, instant notifications for AI-matched jobs, and more.
Robert Half will consider qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance. All applicants applying for U.S. job openings must be authorized to work in the United States. Benefits are available to temporary professionals. Visit https://roberthalf.gobenefits.net/ for more information.