Robert Half might be looking for a Help Desk Analyst just like you! This long-term contract / temporary to hire employment opportunity is based in the Eatontown, New Jersey area. This is a position for someone who has a can-do attitude and who is looking to be part of a highly motivated team. You will spend your time handling complex end-user support issues and providing support to team members by focusing on restoring service to the end users. How your role as the Help Desk Analyst relates to IT projects and IT Service Management initiatives is also important. We need the person in this position to understand Incident, Problem, Change Management and other processes. We need the person in this position to know how these processes work together to provide superior support and high availability of our business. This Service Desk Analyst job’s main duty is to represent the Service Desk by liaising with 2nd and 3rd level teams to help transition new and changing services. You’ll succeed at this job if you’re comfortable with creating knowledge articles and arranging training for other Service Desk Analysts when needed. There is a chance that you could cover alternative shifts when needed. Candidates for this position should keep in mind that we are looking for a self-confident, motivated person with a strong work ethic and excellent communication skills who enjoys a fast-paced, team-driven environment.
How you will make an impact
· Assists and performs periodic systems support, maintenance and testing for various systems upkeep as directed by management
· Serves as escalation and bridges skill sets and knowledge gap between Level 1 Tech Support Specialist and Help Desk Manager job duties and responsibilities.
· Troubleshoots some more complex systems and hardware, software and network issues
· Defines issues and works to find systematic resolutions, documents and educates team on findings
+ Contributes to improving customer support by actively responding to incidents and responding to support inquiries.
· Researches and makes upgrade recommendations
· Resolve systems, application, hardware, and network trouble Level 1 & 2 tickets
· Research, diagnose, troubleshoot, and identify solutions to resolve Level 1 & 2 customer issues
· Maintain, install, configure software, applications, tools, and patches as needed
· Maintain, install, configure devices and IT equipment as needed
· Customer success
· User Education
Requirements – Working knowledge in one or more programming or scripting language
– Applicants should have technical skills to serve as escalation point for handling incidents and service requests related to application, operating system and other service related problems
– 3+ years’ of experience supporting desktop/server operating systems and technologies such as Active Directory, DNS, Exchange and VMware
– Be able to prioritize workload and perform in a fast-paced and challenging environment
– Strong communication skills, both verbally and in writing
– Candidates who have a combination of superior customer service skills and technical aptitude will be preferred
– ITIL certification a plus
– Able to work independently with a minimal amount of oversight
– Ability to analyze complex business problems, propose effective solutions and understand and apply business vision and direction
– Foundational knowledge in configuration management
– Deep understanding of Patch Management
– Comprehensive knowledge of Ticketing System
– Experience with Hardware Upgrades
– VPN Technologies experience preferred
– Active problem-solver who listens for customer cues and actively resolves problems with grace and integrity Technology Doesn’t Change the World, People Do.®
Robert Half is the world’s first and largest specialized talent solutions firm that connects highly qualified job seekers to opportunities at great companies. We offer contract, temporary and permanent placement solutions for finance and accounting, technology, marketing and creative, legal, and administrative and customer support roles.
Robert Half puts you in the best position to succeed by advocating on your behalf and promoting you to employers. We provide access to top jobs, competitive compensation and benefits, and free online training. Stay on top of every opportunity – even on the go. Download the Robert Half app (https://www.roberthalf.com/mobile) and get 1-tap apply, instant notifications for AI-matched jobs, and more.
All applicants applying for U.S. job openings must be legally authorized to work in the United States. Benefits are available to contract/temporary professionals. Visit https://roberthalf.gobenefits.net/ for more information.