Join the team at Robert Half with this Help Desk Analyst Opportunity! This part-time contract / temporary employment opportunity is based in Mossville, Illinois. You’ll be right for this position if you have a can-do attitude and are looking to be part of a highly motivated team. The biggest part of this job is handling complex end-user support issues and providing support to team members by focusing on restoring service to the end users. It is also required for this Help Desk Analyst position to know how the role relates to IT projects and IT Service Management initiatives. Understanding Incident, Problem, Change Management and other processes is also important. How these processes work together to provide superior support and high availability of our business is also important. Can you represent the Service Desk by liaising with 2nd and 3rd level teams to help transition new and changing services? This Service Desk Analyst job might be for you. You might find yourself creating knowledge articles and arranging training for other Service Desk Analysts when needed. There is a chance that you could cover alternative shifts when needed. You’ll be right for this position if you are a self-confident, motivated person with a strong work ethic and excellent communication skills who enjoys a fast-paced, team-driven environment.
What you get to do every single day
– Meet and exceed SLA standards: Close tickets in a timely manner, while upholding customer service standards
– This position must facilitate user account management by closing tickets in a timely manner, while upholding customer service standards
– Maintain hardware and peripherals: Responsible for upgrading and replacing computer parts; handle documentation and asset inventory
– Understand concepts related to networks, servers, PCs, databases, proprietary systems, etc.
– Provide guidance to Tier 1 support and team members
– Troubleshoot end user issues: Provide root-cause analysis on various web and mobile applications; handle escalated tickets relating to server/network related issues
– Understand and utilize ITIL processes (Incident, Problem, Change, etc.) and how they are used in a corporate environment
– 3+ years’ of experience supporting desktop/server operating systems and technologies such as Active Directory, DNS, Exchange and VMware
– Demonstrated knowledge of customer service
– Basic Network Troubleshooting experience
– Knowledge of hardware & software installation
– Password Changes/Reset expertise
– Comprehensive knowledge of Hardware and Software
– Ability to handle multiple tasks to prioritize needs and expedite tasks upon request
– One or more programming or scripting language skills required
– ITIL certification will strengthen your position for the job
– Excellent problem-solving skills
– Candidates who have technical skills to serve as escalation point for handling incidents and service requests related to application, operating system and other service related problems will be preferred
– Must be able to work independently with minimal supervision
– Strong communication and social skills
Technology Doesn’t Change the World, People Do.®
Robert Half is the world’s first and largest specialized talent solutions firm that connects highly qualified job seekers to opportunities at great companies. We offer contract, temporary and permanent placement solutions for finance and accounting, technology, marketing and creative, legal, and administrative and customer support roles.
Robert Half puts you in the best position to succeed by advocating on your behalf and promoting you to employers. We provide access to top jobs, competitive compensation and benefits, and free online training. Stay on top of every opportunity – even on the go. Download the Robert Half app (https://www.roberthalf.com/mobile) and get 1-tap apply, instant notifications for AI-matched jobs, and more.
Robert Half will consider qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance. All applicants applying for U.S. job openings must be authorized to work in the United States. Benefits are available to temporary professionals. Visit https://roberthalf.gobenefits.net/ for more information.