Description Robert Half might be looking for a Help Desk Analyst just like you! This long-term contract / temporary to hire employment opportunity is based in the Grand Rapids, Michigan area. The ideal candidate for this position has a can-do attitude and is looking to be part of a highly motivated team. If you’re looking for work where you can handle complex end-user support issues and provide support to team members by focusing and restoring service to the end users, this job might be for you. We need the person in this position to know how your role as the Help Desk Analyst relates to IT projects and IT Service Management initiatives. We need the person in this position to understand Incident, Problem, Change Management and other processes. It is also required for this position to know how these processes work together to provide superior support and high availability of our business. The ideal Service Desk Analyst can represent the Service Desk by liaising with 2nd and 3rd level teams to help transition new and changing services. The chosen candidate might end up creating knowledge articles and arranging training for other Service Desk Analysts when needed. If you can cover alternative shifts when needed, you will be successful at this Analyst job. This is a position for a self-confident, motivated person with a strong work ethic and excellent communication skills who enjoys a fast-paced, team-driven environment.
– Meet and exceed SLA standards: Close tickets in a timely manner, while upholding customer service standards
– If you can facilitate user account management by handling onboarding, change and departure processes, you’ll do well in this job
– Troubleshoot end user issues: Provide root-cause analysis on various web and mobile applications; handle escalated tickets relating to server/network related issues
– Provide guidance to Tier 1 support and team members
– Maintain hardware and peripherals: Responsible for upgrading and replacing computer parts; handle documentation and asset inventory
– Understand and utilize ITIL processes (Incident, Problem, Change, etc.) and how they are used in a corporate environment
– Understand concepts related to networks, servers, PCs, databases, proprietary systems, etc. Requirements – This position is best filled with someone who has technical skills to serve as escalation point for handling incidents and service requests related to application, operating system and other service related problems
– Excellent verbal and written communication skills
– Ability to multitask and communicate well with individuals of all backgrounds
– We especially are looking for candidates with ITIL certification
– Microsoft SCCM experience desired
– Experience with Software System
– Strong familiarity with Software Problems
– Associated Hardware experience preferred
– Demonstrated knowledge of Ticketing System
– Software Upgrades experience
– Adeptness in Ticketing System
– Excellent problem-solving skills
– Possess qualifications to analyze complex business problems, propose effective solutions and understand and apply business vision and direction
– 3+ years’ of experience supporting desktop/server operating systems and technologies such as Active Directory, DNS, Exchange and VMware
– Must be able to work independently with minimal supervision
– Experience in one or more programming or scripting language
– If you’re looking for job openings and have a combination of superior customer service skills and technical aptitude, you might be a good fit for this position
Technology Doesn’t Change the World, People Do.®
Robert Half is the world’s first and largest specialized talent solutions firm that connects highly qualified job seekers to opportunities at great companies. We offer contract, temporary and permanent placement solutions for finance and accounting, technology, marketing and creative, legal, and administrative and customer support roles.
Robert Half puts you in the best position to succeed by advocating on your behalf and promoting you to employers. We provide access to top jobs, competitive compensation and benefits, and free online training. Stay on top of every opportunity – even on the go. Download the Robert Half app (https://www.roberthalf.com/mobile) and get 1-tap apply, instant notifications for AI-matched jobs, and more.
Robert Half will consider qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance. All applicants applying for U.S. job openings must be authorized to work in the United States. Benefits are available to temporary professionals. Visit https://roberthalf.gobenefits.net/ for more information.