Description Robert Half is looking for Help Desk Analysts like you to join our team! This permanent employment opportunity is based in the Hawthorne, New Jersey area. Apply today if you have a can-do attitude and are looking to be part of a highly motivated team. We’re looking for someone who is comfortable handling complex end-user support issues and providing support to team members by focusing on restoring service to the end users. It is also important for you to understand how your role as the Help Desk Analyst relates to IT projects and IT Service Management initiatives. Candidates should also be able to understand Incident, Problem, Change Management and other processes. Candidates should also be aware of how these processes work together to provide superior support and high availability of our business. If you can represent the Service Desk by liaising with 2nd and 3rd level teams to help transition new and changing services, this Service Desk Analyst job might be for you. Sometimes that involves creating knowledge articles and arranging training for other Service Desk Analysts when needed. Covering alternative shifts when needed is often necessary with this Analyst job. We’re seeking a self-confident, motivated person with a strong work ethic and excellent communication skills who enjoys a fast-paced, team-driven environment.
What you get to do every day
– You might be good at this job if you believe you can facilitate user account management by handling onboarding, change and departure processes
– Understand concepts related to networks, servers, PCs, databases, proprietary systems, etc.
– Maintain hardware and peripherals: Responsible for upgrading and replacing computer parts; handle documentation and asset inventory
– Troubleshoot end user issues: Provide root-cause analysis on various web and mobile applications; handle escalated tickets relating to server/network related issues
– Understand and utilize ITIL processes (Incident, Problem, Change, etc.) and how they are used in a corporate environment
– Provide guidance to Tier 1 support and team members
– Meet and exceed SLA standards: Close tickets in a timely manner, while upholding customer service standards Requirements – Must be able to work independently with minimal supervision
– Ability to multitask and communicate well with individuals of all backgrounds
– Excellent verbal, written, and social communication skills
– You’ll be a good fit for this position if you have a combination of superior customer service skills and technical aptitude
– Capable of analyzing complex business problems, proposing effective solutions and understanding and applying business vision and direction
– Working knowledge in one or more programming or scripting language
– 3+ years’ of experience supporting desktop/server operating systems and technologies such as Active Directory, DNS, Exchange and VMware
– Eager problem-solver who listens for customer cues and actively resolves problems with grace and integrity
– This position is best filled with someone who has technical skills to serve as escalation point for handling incidents and service requests related to application, operating system and other service related problems
– It is best if you have ITIL certification
– Proven knowledge of Firewall
– Comprehensive knowledge of Apple iOS
– Expertise in Android
– TCP/IP Networking experience highly desired
– Networking experience preferred
– Well-founded grasp of IP Routing
– Cisco Networking experience
– General familiarity with Switching Protocols
Technology Doesn’t Change the World, People Do.®
Robert Half is the world’s first and largest specialized talent solutions firm that connects highly qualified job seekers to opportunities at great companies. We offer contract, temporary and permanent placement solutions for finance and accounting, technology, marketing and creative, legal, and administrative and customer support roles.
Robert Half puts you in the best position to succeed by advocating on your behalf and promoting you to employers. We provide access to top jobs, competitive compensation and benefits, and free online training. Stay on top of every opportunity – even on the go. Download the Robert Half app (https://www.roberthalf.com/mobile) and get 1-tap apply, instant notifications for AI-matched jobs, and more.
Robert Half will consider qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance. All applicants applying for U.S. job openings must be authorized to work in the United States. Benefits are available to temporary professionals. Visit https://roberthalf.gobenefits.net/ for more information.