Description You could join the Robert Half team if you are looking for work as a Help Desk Analyst! This permanent employment opportunity is based in the Chicago, Illinois area. If you have a can-do attitude and are looking to be part of a highly motivated team, you’d be great for this position! The biggest part of this job is handling complex end-user support issues and providing support to team members by focusing on restoring service to the end users. We also need the chosen candidate for the Help Desk Analyst position to know how the role relates to IT projects and IT Service Management initiatives. This position absolutely must understand Incident, Problem, Change Management and other processes. We also need the chosen candidate for this position to know how these processes work together to provide superior support and high availability of our business. Service Desk Analysts represent the Service Desk by liaising with 2nd and 3rd level teams to help transition new and changing services. This position sometimes includes creating knowledge articles and arranging training for other Service Desk Analysts when needed. You should be prepared to cover alternative shifts when needed. We’re looking for a self-confident, motivated person with a strong work ethic and excellent communication skills who enjoys a fast-paced, team-driven environment, so if that’s you, we invite you to apply!
Your responsibilities in this role
– Understand and utilize ITIL processes (Incident, Problem, Change, etc.) and how they are used in a corporate environment
– Maintain hardware and peripherals: Responsible for upgrading and replacing computer parts; handle documentation and asset inventory
– Understand concepts related to networks, servers, PCs, databases, proprietary systems, etc.
– Meet and exceed SLA standards: Close tickets in a timely manner, while upholding customer service standards
– You’ll do well in this job if you can facilitate user account management. That involves handling onboarding, change and departure processes
– Troubleshoot end user issues: Provide root-cause analysis on various web and mobile applications; handle escalated tickets relating to server/network related issues
– Provide guidance to Tier 1 support and team members Requirements – Working knowledge in one or more programming or scripting language
– Ability to multitask and attention to detail are critical
– We really want someone with ITIL certification for this job
– Eager problem-solver who listens for customer cues and actively resolves problems with grace and integrity
– Ability to work independently with minimal oversight
– Ability to communicate verbally and in writing effectively throughout all levels of the company
– Comprehensive knowledge of Active Directory
– Command of Microsoft Office
– Strong familiarity with Service Desk Tickets
– 3+ years’ of experience supporting desktop/server operating systems and technologies such as Active Directory, DNS, Exchange and VMware
– Technical skills to serve as escalation point for handling incidents and service requests related to application, operating system and other service related problems
– A combination of superior customer service skills and technical aptitude is required for success at this position
– Complex problem solving skills are a must. Candidate must be able to analyze complex business problems, propose effective solutions and understand and apply business vision and direction
Technology Doesn’t Change the World, People Do.®
Robert Half is the world’s first and largest specialized talent solutions firm that connects highly qualified job seekers to opportunities at great companies. We offer contract, temporary and permanent placement solutions for finance and accounting, technology, marketing and creative, legal, and administrative and customer support roles.
Robert Half puts you in the best position to succeed by advocating on your behalf and promoting you to employers. We provide access to top jobs, competitive compensation and benefits, and free online training. Stay on top of every opportunity – even on the go. Download the Robert Half app (https://www.roberthalf.com/mobile) and get 1-tap apply, instant notifications for AI-matched jobs, and more.
Robert Half will consider qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance. All applicants applying for U.S. job openings must be authorized to work in the United States. Benefits are available to temporary professionals. Visit https://roberthalf.gobenefits.net/ for more information.