Description Robert Half might be looking for a Help Desk Analyst just like you! We’re seeking someone with a can-do attitude who is looking to be part of a highly motivated team. This Service Desk Analyst job might be for you if you can represent the Service Desk by liaising with 2nd and 3rd level teams to help transition new and changing services. This position sometimes includes creating knowledge articles and arranging training for other Service Desk Analysts when needed. You will spend your time handling complex end-user support issues and providing support to team members by focusing on restoring service to the end users. It is also required for this Help Desk Analyst position to know how the role relates to IT projects and IT Service Management initiatives. We also need the chosen candidate for this position to understand Incident, Problem, Change Management and other processes. Candidates should also be aware of how these processes work together to provide superior support and high availability of our business. There is a chance that you could cover alternative shifts when needed. Apply for this position today if you think you are a self-confident, motivated person with a strong work ethic and excellent communication skills who enjoys a fast-paced, team-driven environment. This is a long-term contract / temporary opportunity. Located in Bethesda, Maryland, this Help Desk Analyst II role will be a long-term contract / temporary opening.
– Understand and utilize ITIL processes (Incident, Problem, Change, etc.) and how they are used in a corporate environment
– Troubleshoot end user issues: Provide root-cause analysis on various web and mobile applications; handle escalated tickets relating to server/network related issues
– The most important thing about this job is to facilitate user account management. This includes handling onboarding, change and departure processes
– Understand concepts related to networks, servers, PCs, databases, proprietary systems, etc.
– Maintain hardware and peripherals: Responsible for upgrading and replacing computer parts; handle documentation and asset inventory
– Provide guidance to Tier 1 support and team members
– Meet and exceed SLA standards: Close tickets in a timely manner, while upholding customer service standards Requirements – Ability to multitask, collaborate and communicate well with individuals of all backgrounds in a fast-paced environment
– Sound written and verbal communication skills
– This position is best filled with someone who has a combination of superior customer service skills and technical aptitude
– Background in one or more programming or scripting language
– Must be able to work independently with minimal supervision
– You will be among the top candidates for the job if you have ITIL certification
– Strong problem solving and analytical skills
– Able to analyze complex business problems, propose effective solutions and understand and apply business vision and direction
– 3+ years’ of experience supporting desktop/server operating systems and technologies such as Active Directory, DNS, Exchange and VMware
– Comprehensive knowledge of customer service
– Strong familiarity with Desktop Hardware
– Foundational knowledge in Associated Hardware
– Adeptness in conference room setup & cleanup
– Knowledge of Computer Hardware
– Audio Visual experience highly desired
– It is preferred for applicants to have technical skills to serve as escalation point for handling incidents and service requests related to application, operating system and other service related problems
Technology Doesn’t Change the World, People Do.®
Robert Half is the world’s first and largest specialized talent solutions firm that connects highly qualified job seekers to opportunities at great companies. We offer contract, temporary and permanent placement solutions for finance and accounting, technology, marketing and creative, legal, and administrative and customer support roles.
Robert Half puts you in the best position to succeed by advocating on your behalf and promoting you to employers. We provide access to top jobs, competitive compensation and benefits, and free online training. Stay on top of every opportunity – even on the go. Download the Robert Half app (https://www.roberthalf.com/mobile) and get 1-tap apply, instant notifications for AI-matched jobs, and more.
Robert Half will consider qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance. All applicants applying for U.S. job openings must be authorized to work in the United States. Benefits are available to temporary professionals. Visit https://roberthalf.gobenefits.net/ for more information.