Description You might be the Help Desk Analyst Robert Half is looking for! This long-term contract / contract / contract / contract / contract / temporary employment opportunity is based in the Metairie, Louisiana area. We’re seeking someone with a can-do attitude who is looking to be part of a highly motivated team. This job’s main duty is handling complex end-user support issues and providing support to team members by focusing on restoring service to the end users. One of the most important parts, though, is how your role as the Help Desk Analyst relates to IT projects and IT Service Management initiatives. We need the person in this position to understand Incident, Problem, Change Management and other processes. We need the person in this position to know how these processes work together to provide superior support and high availability of our business. We’re looking for a Service Desk Analyst who can represent the Service Desk by liaising with 2nd and 3rd level teams to help transition new and changing services. In the course of your work, you might need to create knowledge articles and arrange training for other Service Desk Analysts when needed. You will be successful at this Analyst job if you can cover alternative shifts when needed. We invite you to apply if you are a self-confident, motivated person with a strong work ethic and excellent communication skills who enjoys a fast-paced, team-driven environment.
What you get to do every single day
– Meet and exceed SLA standards: Close tickets in a timely manner, while upholding customer service standards
– Provide guidance to Tier 1 support and team members
– Troubleshoot end user issues: Provide root-cause analysis on various web and mobile applications; handle escalated tickets relating to server/network related issues
– Understand concepts related to networks, servers, PCs, databases, proprietary systems, etc.
– This job’s primary priority is to facilitate user account management by handling onboarding, change and departure processes
– Maintain hardware and peripherals: Responsible for upgrading and replacing computer parts; handle documentation and asset inventory
– Understand and utilize ITIL processes (Incident, Problem, Change, etc.) and how they are used in a corporate environment Requirements – A combination of superior customer service skills and technical aptitude
– Expertise in End-User Support
– ConnectWise experience desired
– ITIL certification is an even more strongly preferred point
– If you have technical skills to serve as escalation point for handling incidents and service requests related to application, operating system and other service related problems, you will be strongly preferred
– Capable of working independently with minimal oversight
– One or more programming or scripting language skills required
– 3+ years’ of experience supporting desktop/server operating systems and technologies such as Active Directory, DNS, Exchange and VMware
– Excellent written/verbal communication and organizational skills
– The ideal candidate should be able to analyze complex business problems, propose effective solutions and understand and apply business vision and direction
– Critical thinking, problem solving, ability to work independently
– Ability to multitask and communicate well with individuals of all backgrounds
Technology Doesn’t Change the World, People Do.®
Robert Half is the world’s first and largest specialized talent solutions firm that connects highly qualified job seekers to opportunities at great companies. We offer contract, temporary and permanent placement solutions for finance and accounting, technology, marketing and creative, legal, and administrative and customer support roles.
Robert Half puts you in the best position to succeed by advocating on your behalf and promoting you to employers. We provide access to top jobs, competitive compensation and benefits, and free online training. Stay on top of every opportunity – even on the go. Download the Robert Half app (https://www.roberthalf.com/mobile) and get 1-tap apply, instant notifications for AI-matched jobs, and more.
Robert Half will consider qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance. All applicants applying for U.S. job openings must be authorized to work in the United States. Benefits are available to temporary professionals. Visit https://roberthalf.gobenefits.net/ for more information.