Description Help Desk Analysts will be interested in this Robert Half opportunity! This permanent employment opportunity is based in the Wyomissing, Pennsylvania area. Apply today if you have a can-do attitude and are looking to be part of a highly motivated team. The primary function of this job is handling complex end-user support issues and providing support to team members by focusing on restoring service to the end users. As the Help Desk Analyst, you should also be aware of how your role relates to IT projects and IT Service Management initiatives. Candidates should also be able to understand Incident, Problem, Change Management and other processes. If you understand how these processes work together to provide superior support and high availability of our business, you will have an edge over the competition. If you’re looking for work where you can represent the Service Desk by liaising with 2nd and 3rd level teams to help transition new and changing services this Service Desk Analyst job might be for you. You’ll succeed at this job if you’re comfortable with creating knowledge articles and arranging training for other Service Desk Analysts when needed. You might also be asked to cover alternative shifts when needed. This position requires a self-confident, motivated person with a strong work ethic and excellent communication skills who enjoys a fast-paced, team-driven environment.
What you get to do every day
– Understand concepts related to networks, servers, PCs, databases, proprietary systems, etc.
– The chosen candidate will need to facilitate user account management. That means onboarding, change and departure processes
– Maintain hardware and peripherals: Responsible for upgrading and replacing computer parts; handle documentation and asset inventory
– Troubleshoot end user issues: Provide root-cause analysis on various web and mobile applications; handle escalated tickets relating to server/network related issues
– Understand and utilize ITIL processes (Incident, Problem, Change, etc.) and how they are used in a corporate environment
– Provide guidance to Tier 1 support and team members
– Meet and exceed SLA standards: Close tickets in a timely manner, while upholding customer service standards Requirements – Ability to multitask and communicate well with individuals of all backgrounds
– Experience in one or more programming or scripting language
– This position requires a combination of superior customer service skills and technical aptitude
– Web-services experience highly preferred
– Practical knowledge of Microsoft Exchange
– Adeptness in GPO – Group Policy Objects
– Earlier work involving MySQL
– Experience with Active Directory
– Demonstrated knowledge of NFS
– Background working with Microsoft SQL Server
– Good understanding of Microsoft Azure
– MS Windows Server 2012 experience
– VMware experience
– MS Windows 10 experience desired
– General familiarity with Basic Network Troubleshooting
– Citrix experience
– It is best if you have ITIL certification
– Excellent verbal, written, and social skills
– Able to work independently with a minimal amount of oversight
– Ability to recognize, evaluate, and resolve problems effectively
– Applicants should have technical skills to serve as escalation point for handling incidents and service requests related to application, operating system and other service related problems
– Candidate must be able to analyze complex business problems, propose effective solutions and understand and apply business vision and direction
– 5+ years of experience supporting desktop/server operating systems and technologies such as Active Directory, DNS, Exchange and VMware
Technology Doesn’t Change the World, People Do.®
Robert Half is the world’s first and largest specialized talent solutions firm that connects highly qualified job seekers to opportunities at great companies. We offer contract, temporary and permanent placement solutions for finance and accounting, technology, marketing and creative, legal, and administrative and customer support roles.
Robert Half puts you in the best position to succeed by advocating on your behalf and promoting you to employers. We provide access to top jobs, competitive compensation and benefits, and free online training. Stay on top of every opportunity – even on the go. Download the Robert Half app (https://www.roberthalf.com/mobile) and get 1-tap apply, instant notifications for AI-matched jobs, and more.
Robert Half will consider qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance. All applicants applying for U.S. job openings must be authorized to work in the United States. Benefits are available to temporary professionals. Visit https://roberthalf.gobenefits.net/ for more information.