Description If you want to join the team at Robert Half, consider this Help Desk Analyst opportunity. This long-term contract / temporary to hire employment opportunity is based in the Hawthorne, New Jersey area. If you have a can-do attitude and are looking to be part of a highly motivated team, this position is for you. You will spend your time handling complex end-user support issues and providing support to team members by focusing on restoring service to the end users. It is also required for this Help Desk Analyst position to know how the role relates to IT projects and IT Service Management initiatives. It is also important for you to understand Incident, Problem, Change Management and other processes. It is also important for you to understand how these processes work together to provide superior support and high availability of our business. If you can represent the Service Desk by liaising with 2nd and 3rd level teams to help transition new and changing services, this Service Desk Analyst job might be for you. This includes creating knowledge articles and arranging training for other Service Desk Analysts when needed. If you can cover alternative shifts when needed, you will be successful at this Analyst job. We’re looking for a self-confident, motivated person with a strong work ethic and excellent communication skills who enjoys a fast-paced, team-driven environment, so if that’s you, we invite you to apply!
– Troubleshoot end user issues: Provide root-cause analysis on various web and mobile applications; handle escalated tickets relating to server/network related issues
– Meet and exceed SLA standards: Close tickets in a timely manner, while upholding customer service standards
– Understand and utilize ITIL processes (Incident, Problem, Change, etc.) and how they are used in a corporate environment
– Provide guidance to Tier 1 support and team members
– Facilitate user account management: Onboarding, change and departure processes
– Maintain hardware and peripherals: Responsible for upgrading and replacing computer parts; handle documentation and asset inventory
– Understand concepts related to networks, servers, PCs, databases, proprietary systems, etc. Requirements – Must be able to work independently with minimal supervision
– This position will be the best fit for a candidate with a combination of superior customer service skills and technical aptitude
– A qualified candidate would be able to analyze complex business problems, propose effective solutions and understand and apply business vision and direction
– Ability to simplify complex problems and build solutions
– 3+ years’ of experience supporting desktop/server operating systems and technologies such as Active Directory, DNS, Exchange and VMware
– Working knowledge in one or more programming or scripting language
– Network analysis experience
– Applicants with ITIL certification are preferred
– You’ll be a good fit for this position if you have technical skills to serve as escalation point for handling incidents and service requests related to application, operating system and other service related problems
– Excellent written, verbal and social communication skills
– Ability to multitask effectively
Technology Doesn’t Change the World, People Do.®
Robert Half is the world’s first and largest specialized talent solutions firm that connects highly qualified job seekers to opportunities at great companies. We offer contract, temporary and permanent placement solutions for finance and accounting, technology, marketing and creative, legal, and administrative and customer support roles.
Robert Half puts you in the best position to succeed by advocating on your behalf and promoting you to employers. We provide access to top jobs, competitive compensation and benefits, and free online training. Stay on top of every opportunity – even on the go. Download the Robert Half app (https://www.roberthalf.com/mobile) and get 1-tap apply, instant notifications for AI-matched jobs, and more.
Robert Half will consider qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance. All applicants applying for U.S. job openings must be authorized to work in the United States. Benefits are available to temporary professionals. Visit https://roberthalf.gobenefits.net/ for more information.