Description Robert Half is looking for a Help Desk Analyst II to join our team. This long-term contract / temporary to hire employment opportunity is based in the Alma, Michigan area. If you have a can-do attitude and are looking to be part of a highly motivated team, you’d be great for this position! If chosen, you’ll be handling complex end-user support issues and providing support to team members by focusing on restoring service to the end users. As the Help Desk Analyst, it is important that you understand how your role relates to IT projects and IT Service Management initiatives. It is important for the chosen candidate to understand Incident, Problem, Change Management and other processes. We need the person in this position to know how these processes work together to provide superior support and high availability of our business. This Service Desk Analyst job’s main duty is to represent the Service Desk by liaising with 2nd and 3rd level teams to help transition new and changing services. In the course of your work, you might need to create knowledge articles and arrange training for other Service Desk Analysts when needed. You might find that you need to cover alternative shifts when needed. We’re seeking a self-confident, motivated person with a strong work ethic and excellent communication skills who enjoys a fast-paced, team-driven environment. This role is with a company in the Manufacturing field.
How you will make an impact
– Troubleshoot end user issues: Provide root-cause analysis on various web and mobile applications; handle escalated tickets relating to server/network related issues
– Understand concepts related to networks, servers, PCs, databases, proprietary systems, etc.
– Maintain hardware and peripherals: Responsible for upgrading and replacing computer parts; handle documentation and asset inventory
– Understand and utilize ITIL processes (Incident, Problem, Change, etc.) and how they are used in a corporate environment
– Facilitate user account management: Onboarding, change and departure processes
– Provide guidance to Tier 1 support and team members
– Meet and exceed SLA standards: Close tickets in a timely manner, while upholding customer service standards Requirements – Demonstrated knowledge of Hardware Upgrades
– Wireless Controllers experience
– Practical knowledge of Manufacturing Environment
– DNS experience preferred
– Experience with server management and administration
– Adeptness in Network Configuration
– Comprehensive knowledge of Active Directory
– Deep understanding of Cisco Hardware
– General familiarity with Software Upgrades
– Excellent verbal, written, and social skills
– Proficient in analyzing complex business problems, proposing effective solutions and understanding and applying business vision and direction
– 3+ years’ of experience supporting desktop/server operating systems and technologies such as Active Directory, DNS, Exchange and VMware
– Must be able to work independently with minimal supervision
– Experience in one or more programming or scripting language
– We especially are looking for candidates with ITIL certification
– This position will be the best fit for a candidate with technical skills to serve as escalation point for handling incidents and service requests related to application, operating system and other service related problems
– Ability to recognize, evaluate, and resolve problems effectively
– This position requires a combination of superior customer service skills and technical aptitude
– Be able to prioritize workload and perform in a fast-paced and challenging environment
Technology Doesn’t Change the World, People Do.®
Robert Half is the world’s first and largest specialized talent solutions firm that connects highly qualified job seekers to opportunities at great companies. We offer contract, temporary and permanent placement solutions for finance and accounting, technology, marketing and creative, legal, and administrative and customer support roles.
Robert Half puts you in the best position to succeed by advocating on your behalf and promoting you to employers. We provide access to top jobs, competitive compensation and benefits, and free online training. Stay on top of every opportunity – even on the go. Download the Robert Half app (https://www.roberthalf.com/mobile) and get 1-tap apply, instant notifications for AI-matched jobs, and more.
Robert Half will consider qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance. All applicants applying for U.S. job openings must be authorized to work in the United States. Benefits are available to temporary professionals. Visit https://roberthalf.gobenefits.net/ for more information.