Description If you want to join the team at Robert Half, consider this Help Desk Analyst opportunity. This long-term contract / contract / temporary to full-time employment opportunity is based in the Utica, New York area. Apply today if you have a can-do attitude and are looking to be part of a highly motivated team. The primary function of this job is handling complex end-user support issues and providing support to team members by focusing on restoring service to the end users. If you understand how your role as the Help Desk Analyst relates to IT projects and IT Service Management initiatives, you will have an edge over the competition. Candidates should also be able to understand Incident, Problem, Change Management and other processes. Candidates should also be aware of how these processes work together to provide superior support and high availability of our business. If you can represent the Service Desk by liaising with 2nd and 3rd level teams to help transition new and changing services, this Service Desk Analyst job might be for you. The perfect candidate for this job will be able to create knowledge articles and arrange training for other Service Desk Analysts when needed. You might also be asked to cover alternative shifts when needed. We’re seeking a self-confident, motivated person with a strong work ethic and excellent communication skills who enjoys a fast-paced, team-driven environment. This role is with a company in the Apparel Manufacturing industry.
– The most important thing about this job is to facilitate user account management. This includes handling onboarding, change and departure processes
– Understand and utilize ITIL processes (Incident, Problem, Change, etc.) and how they are used in a corporate environment
– Meet and exceed SLA standards: Close tickets in a timely manner, while upholding customer service standards
– Maintain hardware and peripherals: Responsible for upgrading and replacing computer parts; handle documentation and asset inventory
– Understand concepts related to networks, servers, PCs, databases, proprietary systems, etc.
– Provide guidance to Tier 1 support and team members
– Troubleshoot end user issues: Provide root-cause analysis on various web and mobile applications; handle escalated tickets relating to server/network related issues Requirements – If you’re looking for job openings and have a combination of superior customer service skills and technical aptitude, you might be a good fit for this position
– Ability to work independently with minimal oversight
– Excellent verbal and written communication skills
– Possess skill set to successfully analyze complex business problems, propose effective solutions and understand and apply business vision and direction
– Working knowledge in one or more programming or scripting language
– Creative problem solver who anticipates risks and opportunities and maintains a vision for continuous improvement
– Solid understanding of Microsoft Windows Server
– Microsoft Windows experience
– Proficiency in Mac OS X
– Foundational knowledge in VMware
– Microsoft Exchange Server experience
– 3+ years of experience supporting desktop/server operating systems and technologies such as Active Directory, DNS, Exchange and VMware
– Candidates who have technical skills to serve as escalation point for handling incidents and service requests related to application, operating system and other service related problems will be preferred
– It is best if you have ITIL certification
– Ability to multitask and communicate well with individuals of all backgrounds
Technology Doesn’t Change the World, People Do.®
Robert Half is the world’s first and largest specialized talent solutions firm that connects highly qualified job seekers to opportunities at great companies. We offer contract, temporary and permanent placement solutions for finance and accounting, technology, marketing and creative, legal, and administrative and customer support roles.
Robert Half puts you in the best position to succeed by advocating on your behalf and promoting you to employers. We provide access to top jobs, competitive compensation and benefits, and free online training. Stay on top of every opportunity – even on the go. Download the Robert Half app (https://www.roberthalf.com/mobile) and get 1-tap apply, instant notifications for AI-matched jobs, and more.
Robert Half will consider qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance. All applicants applying for U.S. job openings must be authorized to work in the United States. Benefits are available to temporary professionals. Visit https://roberthalf.gobenefits.net/ for more information.